SPV M600 - Connecting to Wifi

Guest spgster

Guest spgster

Hi,

I have just got my new SPV M600. I am trying to connect it to the internet using my wireless router and the inbuilt Wifi on the phone.

I can enable the wifi, then discover my network.

I am using WPA-PSK (TKIP) with a passphrase. I can connect my home PC and laptop through this fine.

In the phone, I go to Start|Settings|Connections|Network Cards

In the list of networks I see my home network.

I select it, and go to the Network Key tab.

Set authentication to "WPA-PSK", Data encryption to TKIP and then enter my passphrase. This all seems to work because if I set the wrong phrase I get an error message telling me so... So I enter the good passphrase and press OK

Now in the list it says my network, and "Connecting" only.

Go to Start|Settings|Connections|Wireless LAN

This page shows:

Current Configuration

SSID: My Network

Mode: Infrastructure

BSSIS: some numbers here

TX Rate: Auto

Channel: 6

Advanced Tab:

Status = "Connecting to Network" <-- This is as far as I ever get!

MAC= some numbers..

IP = 0.0.0.0

Now, my wirelss router acknowledges that the phone is connected and shows it in th econnected list.

So why am I not getting an IP address and why is it not connecting properly?

please help, this is a bit annoying!

Steve

Guest spgster
Your phone should auto swap over to Wifi if your using GPRS but can you confirm that gprs is still not being used?

Hi,

I am not even certain I am getting that far.

The Wireless Lan settings show "Connecting" I would expect it to say "Connected" at least. And I do not get an IP Address.

How does it react if you remove the WPA-PSK? I have seen people before struggle to connect when anything other than a WEP key is used.

May be worth while quickly tinkering with?

Guest jimbouk

Yeah - I would try with encryption off first to make sure that a) the router is giving the device an IP address and :) that mac filtering etc isnt blocking it, then try it with wep 128 bit.

• 3 months later...
Guest ToonGeneral

I am also having the same problem with an M600 and a WPA-PSK/TKIP WiFi connection.

MAC address filtering is DEFINITELY turned off, the encryption settings and encryption key are DEFINITELY correct. I have even gone so far as to force the adapter to have particular IP/DNS/Default Gateway addresses, still will not connect. Just sits there in a loop saying "Connecting".

If I drop the encryption down to WEP, 128bit and type in the key, it connects fine, but I do not want to run my wireless network on WEP just to allow my phone to connect!

Anyone got any suggestions at all?!

• 1 month later...
Guest Kals24-7
I am also having the same problem with an M600 and a WPA-PSK/TKIP WiFi connection.

MAC address filtering is DEFINITELY turned off, the encryption settings and encryption key are DEFINITELY correct. I have even gone so far as to force the adapter to have particular IP/DNS/Default Gateway addresses, still will not connect. Just sits there in a loop saying "Connecting".

If I drop the encryption down to WEP, 128bit and type in the key, it connects fine, but I do not want to run my wireless network on WEP just to allow my phone to connect!

Anyone got any suggestions at all?!

Anyone got any ideas on this as its exactly the same problem I'm having with an old XDA11i I'm trying to get connected to Wifi.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

As i mentioned in your other thread, some devices do not support WPA unfortunately (i think you need at least AKU3, at a guess...and even then its not guarenteed!)

Guest ToonGeneral

I got mine working eventually, turned out it was a problem with the latest firmware on my router, dropped it down one and bosh, working fine. First problem i've ever had with Netgear products, shame.