Faulty Vario 2?

Guest brownjl

Guest brownjl

Hello,

I bought my self a vario 2 early last month, and the wify fell in love with it so we bought her one on the 15th of december. However the battery on her phone hasn't ever seem to last any where near as long as mine about a 3rd I would say. We have the same software installed and I'd say she probabbly uses hers less than me.

We swopped batteries incase it was that which didn't help, and she fully charged it today and the battery was at 30% after 3 hours of standby. Ive just noticed her phone qets quite a bit warmer than mine even when in standby. I have just done a hard reset on it going to charge it and see if that helps incase its a 3rd party app doing something nasty.

Do guys think its faulty? Is there anything else we can check?

What rights do I have if I take it back first thing tomorrow morning, we have now had it 17 days. It was bought from a t-mobile store, can we just ask for a replacement or will it need sending off for repair and how long does that usually take?

Cheers, Happy New Year

James

Edited by brownjl

Guest dj.vanbeek

ik zou er idd mee terug gaan! je bent het toestal max 2 weken kwijt! ze moeten hem 3 keer opsturen voordat je een nieuwe krijgt. maar die gasten zijn zo dom bij de technische dienst en die doen een firmware update oftewel ( hard reset ). je telefoon is dan maar voor 50 procent gemaakt en zal dan nog 1 x terug gestuurd worden, ze doen dan niks aan het toestel en sturen hem weer terug naar tmobile store waar je hem kan ophalen, vervolgens geven ze je een nummer van de after sales en die maken een afspraak met jou om het toestel om te ruilen! heb dit meerdere malen meegemaakt. de laatste keer was 3 weken geleden en heb nu weer een nieuwe ma vario.

groeten

Hello,

I bought my self a vario 2 early last month, and the wify fell in love with it so we bought her one on the 15th of december. However the battery on her phone hasn't ever seem to last any where near as long as mine about a 3rd I would say. We have the same software installed and I'd say she probabbly uses hers less than me.

We swopped batteries incase it was that which didn't help, and she fully charged it today and the battery was at 30% after 3 hours of standby. Ive just noticed her phone qets quite a bit warmer than mine even when in standby. I have just done a hard reset on it going to charge it and see if that helps incase its a 3rd party app doing something nasty.

Do guys think its faulty? Is there anything else we can check?

What rights do I have if I take it back first thing tomorrow morning, we have now had it 17 days. It was bought from a t-mobile store, can we just ask for a replacement or will it need sending off for repair and how long does that usually take?

Cheers, Happy New Year

James

I have experienced a similar issue with a Vario2, and t-mobile replaced it (was within 14 days tho!) - you may be lucky with holidays and get them to simply swap the who boxed unit.

Dj.vanbeek: i'm not sure if the original poster understood your reply, but it's easier for all our members to use English to reply unless it's a post in one of the specific language forums, if you would like to edit your post into english for the less 'multi-lingual' amongst us!

Happy new year!