System Tray/Quick Launch Removal

Guest Masonary

Guest Masonary

Hi guys,

I am new to pocket pc's having only owned my mda compact 3 for 2 days now, so do excuse me if I get terminology wrong.

I am hoping someone can tell me how to remove or customise the system tray/quicklaunch bar that appears at the bottom of the today screen. That is, the row of icons right at the bottom of the screen when you first turn on the device that are shortcuts to web n walk, screen rotation, battery status and the like.

I tried installing claunch, and whilst it has enabled me to create shortcuts on the today screen to any applications I desire, it has not enabled me to remove/change the shortcuts at the bottom (can someone please tell me what that is, is it the quicklaunch bar or the system tray, I figured system tray would be for icons of applications that are actualy running, which this isnt).

I can provide a screen shot to hilight what I mean, but I hope that this will be sufficient for you to understand. My suspicion is that I dont need to install software but instead just need to find a file to edit or a directory to remove shortcuts from, but I do not know what it might be.

Thanks

Masonary

• 6 months later...
Guest xeno1

If you want to customize it and add icons you want, you can use BatteryStatus. It will give you the ability to add the icons (shortcuts) to the system tray that you want. It doesn't allow you to remove the ones that are already there however. I highly recommend this program anyway whether you want to use it for the icons or not. It has a whole lot of other useful tools in it. You can check it out here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=270751

Guest ultraman69

from http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1...ve+t-zones+icon

*Tray icons

-Edit registry as follows:

[HKLM\init]

Launch92=

(delete TrayAp.exe)

-Or, if you want to keep some but not all of the icons:

[HKLM\Software\HTC\TrayApplet]

There you'll find listings for each icon (the folders are for the WinWap, MyFaves, and CommManager tray icons). Remove the ones you don't want and soft reset. If you remove the music player settings, you will then have to uncheck the plug-in from Today items.

• 1 year later...
Guest TCS-WM6

Okay, I was able to uninstall the T-Zones app by going removing the program by going to Settings > Remove Programs. Then the T-Zones quicklaunch shortcut no longer worked and would give an error if it was clicked. I fixed this by changing the shortcut to open Internet Explorer instead by editing the entry for winwap.exe in the following registry key: [HKLM\Software\HTC\TrayApplet].

I opened the folder named 4 and edited the LaunchApPath key to point to Internet Explorer. I used Total Commander to edit the registry.

My question is, now that I can click my T-Zones icon in the system tray to open Internet Explorer; how can I change the icon to the IE icon in the system tray?

pic01jn0.jpgpic02cq5.jpgpic03dz8.jpg

from http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1...ve+t-zones+icon

*Tray icons

-Edit registry as follows:

[HKLM\init]

Launch92=

(delete TrayAp.exe)

-Or, if you want to keep some but not all of the icons:

[HKLM\Software\HTC\TrayApplet]

There you'll find listings for each icon (the folders are for the WinWap, MyFaves, and CommManager tray icons). Remove the ones you don't want and soft reset. If you remove the music player settings, you will then have to uncheck the plug-in from Today items.