Stylus holder

Guest blade-jac

Guest blade-jac

The holder for the stylus on my vario ii used to be quite snug and extended the pen as it was withdrawn... However it now rattles about and the pen just clips and the end and stays looses. nothing has fallen out that i have noticed. Is there some sort of guide inside or something thats be displaced ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alpha2.x
I think there is a rubber grommet that holds the stylus snugly. I have heard ot them falling out of various HTC ppc's.

yeah, they do mine fell out yesterday, only had the phone 4 days.

Guest tugas2khas
yeah, they do mine fell out yesterday, only had the phone 4 days.

Mine too... but after returning to the service center, they fix it for free... yay!

• 2 months later...
Guest Neil F

This happened to my phone the other day ;) I've had it less than a week. It went from being super tight to just about staying in. It's just a matter of time before I lose it now. Is it a rubber O ring? I was at home when it went loose, so I'll have a root around to see if it's still around.

Do they fix it while u wait in the service centre? Anyone have a link to the locations of service centres?

Many thanks

Neil

Guest schriss
This happened to my phone the other day ;) I've had it less than a week. It went from being super tight to just about staying in. It's just a matter of time before I lose it now. Is it a rubber O ring? I was at home when it went loose, so I'll have a root around to see if it's still around.

Do they fix it while u wait in the service centre? Anyone have a link to the locations of service centres?

Many thanks

Neil

My fell out but I have it. It is flat square in size, color is clear transparent, so once you loose it - may be hard to find.

I wasn't able to put it back. I can see there is a space for it inside, but just couldn't make it fit there.

Guest Neil F

I was lucky! The piece of clear plastic was wedged right up the slot for the stylus, so I have now recovered it by removing 3 of the 4 torx screws in the back (leaving the 'void' sticker intact) and wedging the case open a few millimeters.

I couldn't really find a place for it and ended up putting it behind the sprung V shaped clip that grips the tip of the stylus. This has worked pretty well and the stylus now fully extends before the V clip releases its grip on the stylus.

After putting it all back together, I have done a bit of googling and found this page that decribes how to fix it properly:-

http://michael-channon.spaces.live.com/?_c...dHermes%2bFixes

I'm currently deciding whether to re-open it now and try to do it correctly. ;)

Cheers

Neil