Dash WM5 Cut and Paste and Select multiple

Guest TerryG

Guest TerryG

Let me buy you a drink ...

I just switched to the Dash (HTC Excalibur/Windows Smartphone) from a T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard/Windows PPC). It's an exchange to replace my MDA for touchscreen alignment chronic issues. I have 7 days to eval the Dash.

Okay with no touchscreen and no Office doc editing, BUT, I/it cannot simpy select text and copy/cut and paste in an email nor select multiple emails to delete. This is very basic functionality I think and driving me nuts. The rest of the device/OS is acceptable.

I search for this topic and only found xBar as a suggestion (Scissors was poorly rated). I loaded xBar 3.2 and the software goes through all it's motions okay, but, the text doesn't get pasted. Nothing happens. Appears to select and copy but not cut and never pastes, just flashing cursor in the target location.

Also, it cannot select mutlitple messages in an Inbox to delete.

Anyone solved this using xBar or anything else? I apologize if this is a dead horse but I grepped a lot and couldn't find an answer.

Many thanks!

Terry

Guest snowman5373

I have been using VitoCopyPaste. It will let you copy and paste only editable fields/boxes. The comments I read about Xbar were not the greatest, so I never bothered trying it. Maybe someone else will comment about Xbar. VitoCopyPaste works great though, only drawback is I cannot copy and paste non editable fields/boxes.

I've had problems getting xBar running on my dash too.

I don't see how you'll get any better use than what snowman5373 (were there really than many snowmen registered before you :) ) is reporting as how would you select text not in an editable field? (no stylus)

gr

• 1 month later...
Guest eliteramen
I have been using VitoCopyPaste. It will let you copy and paste only editable fields/boxes. The comments I read about Xbar were not the greatest, so I never bothered trying it. Maybe someone else will comment about Xbar. VitoCopyPaste works great though, only drawback is I cannot copy and paste non editable fields/boxes.

I bought xBar a while back. It would sometimes make my SDA freeze. I'm sure it's got a lot of flexibility (there are config files you can edit to leverage its power), but it's definitely overkill for just copy/paste because it's a task manager (think ALT TAB) that happens to include copy/paste functionality. Plus its GUI is awkward and unconventional. I liked it at first, but because of the stated reasons, I won't be installing it on my Dash.

Also, xBar appears to have not been updated in a while and its shoddy web site gives me the heebie jeebies. If anyone can contradict any of these points, be my guest. My advice: Stay away until further notice.

[eR]

Edited by eliteramen