Orange World Unlimited

Guest jimbouk

Guest jimbouk

So I signed up for Orange World Unlimited back in September when I got my SPV M3100 to go along with my Panther 55 plan. As I got three months Try 3G, OCS said they would pre-book my OWU to start at the end of the three months.

At the time there was much debate about whether OWU would be honoured, whether it would allow only WAP, etc etc etc

Now this may not be much help to those who can't get it - as the other bone of contention with O was that they would only let people on certain plans have it - but it works fine!

I have just got my first bill after the Try3G ended and thus my first bill with OWU.

The summary shows my Panther55 at £45 per month and my OWU at £6.81 per month.

The data usage was 70mb. The data charge ZERO! Next months data allowance 1000mb.

I used my device for web surfing over 3g, Messenger Live, Push email and pop email. I turned images off in the web browser just in case (to minimise data) and only used push email for a few hours a day (as I am in front of a laptop quite a lot) and there was the whole christmas thing in the middle - but I can truly say I am delighted and am going to use a lot more data this month!

Guest AlanJC

Hmmm, I think a call to CS might be in order to see if they will let me add this onto my Dolphin 35 bundle.

If I can, I am really torn as to what I do.

I currently use that SIM in my K800i, and a PAYG SIM in my Universal, and I use Orange World £4 bundles to get push mail and IM, using about 4mb every week to 10 days.

This would certainly save me money, but mean I would have to use the Universal as my primary device :/

I suppose I could sell the K800i and accessories, and get one of the high capacity batteries, and upgrade my SD card for the Uni though

Decisions decisions.

EDIT: OK, just looking in their website, the only OWU thing I can see is £5 a month for unlimited off peak browsing, I see nothing about a £6.81 thing for 1gb.

EDIT Again: Just found this :)

Orange World Unlimited Bundle - terms and conditions

The Offer is an Orange World Unlimited Bundle ("the Bundle") which is available to new and existing Orange customers with 3G phones on Panther & Premier tariffs ("Eligible Customers") until 1 September 2006.

So it's not something anyone can get now :D There was me thinking Orange had launched something like W&W.

Edited by AlanJC

Guest AlanJC
I'm so glad I went with t-mob. get 200pounds worth of calls and unlimited data for 42.50 a month!

Well for £40 on Orange, I get 500 xnet anytime minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited 8mb dsl at home :D

I use my broadband more than I would use gprs/3g

For T-Mobile, I would have to get Flext 35, could possibily get away with 30, but would be cutting it fine. then stump up for ADSL, which for 8mb unlimited, we're talking £20 or more, and that's before I add any mobile data :D

T-Mob is very good with the W&W, I don't personally think Flext is all that much better unless you talk more than you text, but I would rather take the home broadband and have all those texts more than mobile data to be honest.

W&W is a nice to have, not need to have for me :)

Guest Confucious

Really glad OWU works for you Jim - now when will O do the sensible thinhg and offer it to everyone?

Then people could chose on the other things - as it stands, for most people who want data, T is still the only choice.

Guest mcwarre
Really glad OWU works for you Jim - now when will O do the sensible thinhg and offer it to everyone?

Then people could chose on the other things - as it stands, for most people who want data, T is still the only choice.

They wil only give it to premier/high spending customers as it may keep them. This means that their ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) may increase - this is what most firms rely on to try and demonstrate revenue generation (new customers mean nothing - 2 million new ones. Lost 3 million though) :)

My OWU has been working since September 06 without any problems. I use my M3100 as a modem for my laptop when the internet/intranet connection at work is unavailable, so comes in handy.

Problem is I'm so used to it now, what if they took it away :D :) :D

Just browsing through the Orange website it appears there is now an Orange World Evenings and Weekends unlimited bundle for £5 a month on any tarriff.

Orange World Evenings and Weekends Unlimited Bundle

Sounds tempting, however I am confused. The guff at the beginning proclaims it to be fantastic and you can use it for anything:

"Buy cinema tickets. Watch TV. Find train times. Read the latest news, or check the latest scores. Email, or chat on instant messenger. Do whatever you want. It's like the internet, only it's on your phone. And it's a whole lot easier to carry around than your PC."

Note the "Instant Messenger". Now look at the T's & C's:

"To ensure the fair allocation of network resources for all customers the unlimited evening and weekend browsing bundle may not be used for: modem access for computers, internet based streaming services, voice or video over the internet, Instant Messaging, peer to peer file sharing and non Orange internet based video"

It now seems you can't use instant messaging. Have I missed something or do their advert and their T's & C's completely contradict eachother?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yurdakul
Just browsing through the Orange website it appears there is now an Orange World Evenings and Weekends unlimited bundle for £5 a month on any tarriff.

Orange World Evenings and Weekends Unlimited Bundle

Sounds tempting, however I am confused. The guff at the beginning proclaims it to be fantastic and you can use it for anything:

"Buy cinema tickets. Watch TV. Find train times. Read the latest news, or check the latest scores. Email, or chat on instant messenger. Do whatever you want. It's like the internet, only it's on your phone. And it's a whole lot easier to carry around than your PC."

Note the "Instant Messenger". Now look at the T's & C's:

"To ensure the fair allocation of network resources for all customers the unlimited evening and weekend browsing bundle may not be used for: modem access for computers, internet based streaming services, voice or video over the internet, Instant Messaging, peer to peer file sharing and non Orange internet based video"

It now seems you can't use instant messaging. Have I missed something or do their advert and their T's & C's completely contradict eachother?

I asked CS and they say it cant be used for all those listed, but I don't think they can understand which types of data are transfered.

Have anyone tried using skype with this unlimited bundle?

• 11 months later...

Hey! I want to get a HTC Dual from Orange and was wondering about this OWA?

First could I use my HTC phone as a modem for my laptop? I undertand this would not be allowed by Orange.

Is the unlimited E & WKEND good?

1: Yes you can

2: It's ok, 25MB/day FUP and no more than £1.50 a day in peak-charges. As you say though, modem usage is not allowed...

I've got the orange world for business 250Mb for 6.38 plus VAT and its does include modem usage

Orange World for Business 250 £6.38 250MB £0.80 out of bundle

Orange World for Business 1024 £17.02 1024MB £0.80 out of bundle

It's more than i can get through in my train journeys

If you can move to business plans i'd recommend anyone to do it.

the difference in customer service level is amazing.

I just tried the Mumbai based "3" purely for its 1Gb for £10 and spent countless hours on the phone to them.

I was quick to rush back to orange after that experience.

You get what you pay for !!