SkinProject: OS X

Guest Jamma14

Guest sullitf

I have a couple questions about the launcher at the bottom. I was using the earlier version of the skin and it worked beautifully, the newer version looks amazing and I can tell it is going to be wonderful, but atleast on my phone the buttons at the bottom do not work correctly. I looked in the folder on my storage card where the links are saved, and the ones listed are "1 Finder, 3 Safari, 5 iPhoto, 6 iTunes, 7 Quicktime." In the actual theme, however, the only links that work are mail, iCal, RMU, and the dashboard. When I try to scroll through the other links it simply skips all the other screens. Also, underneath the file explorer, mail, iCal, the RMU, and the dashboard there are arrows pointing at the icons, what do those mean? Lastly, is there a way for me to the clock work (the calender works but not the clock) and to change the tasks listed on the Dashboard?

Overall this is a wonder skin, and I can tell that once I get it working well on my phone it is going to be amazing. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in in the last week or so to pump this thing out!

Guest echostats
I have a couple questions about the launcher at the bottom. I was using the earlier version of the skin and it worked beautifully, the newer version looks amazing and I can tell it is going to be wonderful, but atleast on my phone the buttons at the bottom do not work correctly. I looked in the folder on my storage card where the links are saved, and the ones listed are "1 Finder, 3 Safari, 5 iPhoto, 6 iTunes, 7 Quicktime." In the actual theme, however, the only links that work are mail, iCal, RMU, and the dashboard. When I try to scroll through the other links it simply skips all the other screens. Also, underneath the file explorer, mail, iCal, the RMU, and the dashboard there are arrows pointing at the icons, what do those mean? Lastly, is there a way for me to the clock work (the calender works but not the clock) and to change the tasks listed on the Dashboard?

Overall this is a wonder skin, and I can tell that once I get it working well on my phone it is going to be amazing. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in in the last week or so to pump this thing out!

I can't answer your questions about the dock, that's Jamma's field but... the arrows at the bottom of the main icons are just another thing I did to make it completely like OS X. The arrows signify the open applications. Finder, on a mac, is always open and then I put an arrow below the other apps that will normally be running on your phone. The arrows are not functional but still add to the OS X feel.

Jamma will probably respond soon about the techinical issues. Thanks for the kind words.

Guest sullitf

gotchya, I've never had a mac (sadly, I can't afford a stable computer) so I'd never seen the arrows before. Even though I can't figure out how to get all of the buttons at the bottom to work right (I'm sure I just haven't set them up right or something) I already love how good this new skin looks and feels (especially the new mail plug-in and the new RMU setup, very nice!)

Guest zoomforce

great skin guys.. the best ive seen.

one problem i get though is when i scroll through the shortcut menu everything works great, untill i get to the end then everything shifts down and i get a messed up image, like things half show and i get the old top bar with the time etc. hard to explain, i can take a photo if it will help.

Guest Jamma14

Hi all, in my haste I forgot to include the SliClock plugin in the rar - it is now included - anyone having problems with the dashboard eg. BrumBrum74 and zoomforce just need to install that and it should work fine.

Sullitf - my only guess is that you haven't installed RJshortcut?? If you install that it should work fine. Also you can edit the tasks if you open the xml in \Application Data\Home and scroll down to the bit where it says TASKS in the comments. :D Did say in the first post of the topic...if you read it. :D If we keep this in the final dashboard I'll try to write a program or script to change it as opposed to getting the user to have to do it themselves.

And everyone else: Glad you like it, thanks for your comments. :)

James

EDIT: Oh and one more thing just to say to people, where it has "the SkinProject" on the sticky...that will change in the next version...it isn't trying to be free advertising, I just needed to put something there as it was looking empty...:D

Edited by Jamma14

Guest htcs620user
Hi all, in my haste I forgot to include the SliClock plugin in the rar - it is now included - anyone having problems with the dashboard eg. BrumBrum74 and zoomforce just need to install that and it should work fine.

Sullitf - my only guess is that you haven't installed RJshortcut?? If you install that it should work fine. Also you can edit the tasks if you open the xml in \Application Data\Home and scroll down to the bit where it says TASKS in the comments. :D Did say in the first post of the topic...if you read it. :D If we keep this in the final dashboard I'll try to write a program or script to change it as opposed to getting the user to have to do it themselves.

James

EDIT: Oh and one more thing just to say to people, where it has "the SkinProject" on the sticky...that will change in the next version...it isn't trying to be free advertising, I just needed to put something there as it was looking empty...:D

he asked me part 2 for the rar file. you know something ?

Guest lilricky
Phew...finally finished. :)

There are two download parts - the part01.rar in the download section and the part02.rar in the first post of this topic. Just download them both to the same location and extract the files out of the part01.rar.

Hope the wait is worth it!

James

Oh and read the README people, that's why it is called a readme!

Very nice work.

I'm just curious what the differenece between the the 2 .rar files are. I unzipped the both and copied the folders to my Dash. Following the readme I installed everything and it works like a champ. What's the second zip/folder do? Can both folders be deleted at this point? Is it possible for someone smarter than I to make an installer for the whole thing?

TIA

Guest sullitf

James

Thanks for the help, it must have messed up when I installed the RJshortcut plugin the first time, but I remember installing it. I ended up just reinstalling the whole skin to get it to work and its perfect now!

Guest echostats

The reason for the two files is because modaco limits the file size of one file. Because our skin is the best, it's also one of the biggest. The zip files are actually 1. It's a very simple concept so please follow me:

Download the part1 zip, which is the main download file, DO NOT OPEN IT. Download the second zip file, part2 and put it in the same directory as part1. Once both are downloaded, then open the first zip (part1). When you do this, it will actually pull the file parts from part2 and extract them as one. You can then delete both part1 and part2. Use the files that were extracted.

Basically, that was 1 zip at one point but with the zipping software you can choose to split the file into parts. It was split so it could be uploaded onto this site.

If our next skin is a success, which I imagine it will be, we will be launching a website. It won't be much but you will be able to browse to the page of downloads on your phone and download directly... or download with your computer. There will be no part1 or part2. That is simply because of the file size limits set by this website (which are not bad limits at all, the file is just pretty large for a skin).

Hope this helps.

Also, we have noticed several issues with the skin and will be releasing a fixed xml file soon. We will also be adding new features this week (hopefully).

Thank you for the kind words, those never get old. Do not be scared to give your honest opinions and suggestions on our skin and I will not be scared to tell you my thoughts on your opinions. :)

Guest Jamma14
Very nice work.

I'm just curious what the differenece between the the 2 .rar files are. I unzipped the both and copied the folders to my Dash. Following the readme I installed everything and it works like a champ. What's the second zip/folder do? Can both folders be deleted at this point? Is it possible for someone smarter than I to make an installer for the whole thing?

TIA

It is just a split archive - you cannot extract all the files from one without the other - I've done it because MoDaCo only allows 1Mb files to be uploaded to the download section and it is greater than that.

he asked me part 2 for the rar file. you know something ?

Yeah you need to download part2 - attatched in the first post of this thread. :)

Thanks for the help, it must have messed up when I installed the RJshortcut plugin the first time, but I remember installing it. I ended up just reinstalling the whole skin to get it to work and its perfect now!
Glad you got it working!

The last screen with the sliclock plugin still looks strange even though the clock and time shows right.

Strange...can you upload a screenshot?

James

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Jamma14
What is the QT Icon suppose to launch? Is it possible to have it launch TCMP?

Yeah, copy the shortcut to TCPMP in your start menu to \Storage Card\Program Files\SkinProject\OS X\Shortcuts and rename it to 7Quicktime.lnk (replacing the previous file).

How can I upload screenshot?

Try the utility HERE to take screenshots of your phone and just transfer them to your pc via activesync.

James

Guest lilricky
Yeah, copy the shortcut to TCPMP in your start menu to \Storage Card\Program Files\SkinProject\OS X\Shortcuts and rename it to 7Quicktime.lnk (replacing the previous file).

Cool,

But what is it supposed to launch by default?

Alright I give up,

Where do I find the shortcut for TCPMP? I see alot of shortcuts in the windows directory, but they all look like default ones.

Edited by lilricky

It is just a split archive - you cannot extract all the files from one without the other - I've done it because MoDaCo only allows 1Mb files to be uploaded to the download section and it is greater than that.

Yeah you need to download part2 - attatched in the first post of this thread. :)

Glad you got it working!

Strange...can you upload a screenshot?

James

I went to unrar part 1 and it asks for part 2. When I tell winrar where the part2 rar file is I get...

C:\Documents and Settings\ruudy\Desktop\SkinProject_OS_X.part2.rar: CRC failed in SkinProject OS X.cab. The file is corrupt

Any suggestions???

Guest echostats
Sorry for the delay in reply. This is icing on the homescreen cake :) You guys have hit a huge homerun.

Thanks again for the awesome work!

brett

its those kind of comments that make me want to continue making screens. be on the look out for future releases from The SkinProject.

Guest Brettman
I went to unrar part 1 and it asks for part 2. When I tell winrar where the part2 rar file is I get...

C:\Documents and Settings\ruudy\Desktop\SkinProject_OS_X.part2.rar: CRC failed in SkinProject OS X.cab. The file is corrupt

Any suggestions???

Getting the same currupt error....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.