Activesync and Windows 64 bit

Guest deejayry

Guest deejayry

I'm just about to build myself a new computer, which is going to be running either windows xp pro 64bit or Vista 64bit.

at the moment the deciding factor of which operating system i use is down to compatibility with my M5000. from what i have read on microsoft.com i can see that if i have windows Vista it has inbuilt software to manage mobile devices. But i cant find any info on using activesync with XP pro 64bit. Anyone know for sure if its compatible?

I would prefer to use XP Pro 64bit over Vista, mainly because vista is probably going to have more holes in it than the average sive, just like the first releases of W95, W98, NT, 2k and XP. Anyone here seen vista yet? i know its a week untill general release, but there are bound to be plenty of people out there with Beta and evaluation copies.

Thanks.

Ryan.

Guest MikeSel

I am running Vista Business at Work without problems... It's mobile control panel is quite cool, it replaces activesync and has all your devices in one easy to use panel.

I would post screen shots however I have not quite mastered the remote desktop issue I am having with it. And it's my work PC and I am at home!

Apart from that, I love it!

Also, Office\Outlook 2007 poses no issues with mobiles using the new control panel or activesync in xp :)