8Gb SD card

Guest Johnny C

Guest Johnny C

I just got an 8Gb Samsung OEM 8Gb 150x SD card for my 02 Exec, but the XDA doesn't recognise the card, it just says there's no card installed. My PC can read and write to it find.

Can anyone shed light on this? Is there a max of 4Gb, is it the brand of card or do I need to do something on the XDA? I don't remember doing anything for my 4Gb cards, so I don't think it's the latter

I do hope it's not a 4Gb limit, as that means that not only will the 8Gb card work, but also it means the 16Gb and 32Gb cards Samsung say they will have on the market by the end of the year won't work which will be a major pain

Cheers

I just got an 8Gb Samsung OEM 8Gb 150x SD card for my 02 Exec, but the XDA doesn't recognise the card, it just says there's no card installed. My PC can read and write to it find.

Can anyone shed light on this? Is there a max of 4Gb, is it the brand of card or do I need to do something on the XDA? I don't remember doing anything for my 4Gb cards, so I don't think it's the latter

I do hope it's not a 4Gb limit, as that means that not only will the 8Gb card work, but also it means the 16Gb and 32Gb cards Samsung say they will have on the market by the end of the year won't work which will be a major pain

Cheers

Answered on XDA Devs, he has an SDHC card, which will not work on the HTC Universal. SD only supports upto 4gb reliably.