c550 keypad

Guest doctorbluebox

Guest doctorbluebox

Does anyone know where in the UK (London) I can get my c550 keypad repaired? the 3 button doesn't work at all. Orange shops don't know what they are talking about - they said they don't repair these nor do Carphone Warehouse. Orange said look up SPV.co.uk which doesn't exist. I don't know who manufacturer is and Orange shops won't or can't tell me. Can anyone help please?

Does anyone know where in the UK (London) I can get my c550 keypad repaired? the 3 button doesn't work at all. Orange shops don't know what they are talking about - they said they don't repair these nor do Carphone Warehouse. Orange said look up SPV.co.uk which doesn't exist. I don't know who manufacturer is and Orange shops won't or can't tell me. Can anyone help please?

Hi, by law Orange MUST take your phone and get it repaired (as long as it really is a SPV C550). Now the drawback is it might cost you quite a few quids.

Best is get it fixed cheaply in your next travel to India or eastern Europe.

Guest Paul (MVP)

You could book it in for repair on http://service.htceurope.com/ - that will indicate whether you are in warranty too?

P

Guest hippotech

Interesting - I just replaced mine with a C600 as the '3' key stopped working. If it turns out to be a design flaw, Orange have to replace it, regardless of warranty.

Hippo

Guest topratty

i had a problem like this with my 6 key which is probably due to the same fault

how i fixed it

i opened up the phone and disconnected the keypad

then i pulled back the white plastic sticker type think on the side with the problem key

then slowly stick the white sticker thing back down and when you get to the 2 circles (one inside the other) on the circuit board make sure the metal connector (still attached to the back of the white sticker) is centered on the 2 circles to make the connection when pressed