iMate SP5 Joystick Problem

Guest kipnlar

Guest kipnlar

The other day bent over to pick something up and forgot I had my phone in my shirt pocket. It fell out and landed face down on the floor. The battery cover popped off and the battery came out, but other than that it looked ok. That is until I went to use the joystick. It was more loose than normal and I no longer clicked as I moved it side to side or pushed in on it. It still worked though.

I took the phone apart and the only thing I can guess is that the joystick control got pushed in a little. I'd like to try pulling it out, but I am worried I'll break it. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know if this is possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, my phone is just out of it's warranty period.

Thanks!!

The other day bent over to pick something up and forgot I had my phone in my shirt pocket. It fell out and landed face down on the floor. The battery cover popped off and the battery came out, but other than that it looked ok. That is until I went to use the joystick. It was more loose than normal and I no longer clicked as I moved it side to side or pushed in on it. It still worked though.

I took the phone apart and the only thing I can guess is that the joystick control got pushed in a little. I'd like to try pulling it out, but I am worried I'll break it. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know if this is possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, my phone is just out of it's warranty period.

Thanks!!

If it turns out to have been damaged then i have a spare (on a faulty keypad membrane) that you can have FOC you would have be pretty nifty with a soldering iron though - its very small.

Let me know if you need it.

Guest mikeeey
If it turns out to have been damaged then i have a spare (on a faulty keypad membrane) that you can have FOC you would have be pretty nifty with a soldering iron though - its very small.

Let me know if you need it.

yea i had to do that. almost thought i had ruined my phone, cuz when i had soldered the new one on the left and down button didnt work. then i re soldered it again and it works. probably in a few months the joystick will wear out again and do the same thing. thats why im never gonna get phones with these kind of joysticks ever again cuz they WILL wear out eventually.

anyway. take ur phone apart and just take the joystick out and back in, clean it out a bit, and put it back together, it should be fine.

• 10 months later...
Guest swooshno5
anyway. take ur phone apart and just take the joystick out and back in, clean it out a bit, and put it back together, it should be fine.

Hi, the joystick seems tough to pull out. Can the old one just be plugged out and a new one just plugged in? Thanks.