MDA Vario Wi-Fi...

Guest Rawpulse

Guest Rawpulse

Ok, so I finally got a smartphone/PDA. I got an MDA Vario, unlocked, from eBay. Everything seems to be working fine, except the WiFi. I have an Orange Livebox, which is what I'd like to connect to. After lots of fiddling, it says that it's connected, but when I open Internet Explorer, I try to load a site and it sats "The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again". So, is it really connected?

Also, I didn't receive the installation CD's from the seller. Is there a program I can download which can fix this, as I'd like to be able to connect the device to my laptop.

Thanks very much. I can provide more information if necessary.

Edited by Rawpulse

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rawpulse

You might want to check some of the following;

1. Check to see if you have set the router to allow your vario to have access to the internet. You might need to allow the vario's IP address, MAC address and/or device name for internet access.

2. Check that you have used exactly the same wifi security password on both the device and the router.

3. Make sure that you start and connect the vario wifi before starting mobile IE.

I found these to fix my wifi connectivity problems in the past.

Good luck.

Guest jimbouk
Ok, so I finally got a smartphone/PDA. I got an MDA Vario, unlocked, from eBay. Everything seems to be working fine, except the WiFi. I have an Orange Livebox, which is what I'd like to connect to. After lots of fiddling, it says that it's connected, but when I open Internet Explorer, I try to load a site and it sats "The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again". So, is it really connected?

Also, I didn't receive the installation CD's from the seller. Is there a program I can download which can fix this, as I'd like to be able to connect the device to my laptop.

Thanks very much. I can provide more information if necessary.

Connecting the device to your laptop is done via activesync. Download it for free from Microsofts site. Just google for it.

With the wifi - check that you have set the network connection for your wifi card (in the device's connection settings) to connect to the internet and check that you have a valid IP address from your livebox (something like 192.168.x.x)