Call of Duty PPC on Orange M3100?

Guest drblow

Guest drblow

Has anyone installed & played this game on an Orange M3100?? I really want it, but there's no demo version & the hardware requirements suggest that the M3100 is only just capable of playing it. I'd rather not spend that much on the game only to find out that it's unplayable.

Anybody?

Edited by drblow

• 3 weeks later...
Guest drblow

I guess since nobody has replied here I should inform the rest of the forum that I got a reply from the developer about this. Basically they said that the game would not run on an M3100. They didn't actually state that categorically, but it would appear that the specs are too high for this phone. Pity they didn't do a demo version eh?

Guest mikeeey
I guess since nobody has replied here I should inform the rest of the forum that I got a reply from the developer about this. Basically they said that the game would not run on an M3100. They didn't actually state that categorically, but it would appear that the specs are too high for this phone. Pity they didn't do a demo version eh?

so does that mean it wont even install or it means it probably wont run well? what about if the device is overclocked?

Guest drblow

Good questions ... but unfortunately as there is no demo version the only way to be sure is to buy the game. I asked the developer if I bought the game & it did not work would they refund me, but they did not reply. It's a shame that they have not provided a demo version, its a pretty standard thing to supply with a game that costs quite a bit. To be honest, the developers reply to me was a little frustrating, they just basically copied out the spec details from their website which obviously I was already aware of. They don't appear to be very interested in trying to accomodate requests.

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi all I have COD PPC running on my Dell Axim x51V quite nicely, I know this wont help you but I can confirm it does run quite well.

But I agree that its a shame they don’t have a demo version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plainz
Hi all I have COD PPC running on my Dell Axim x51V quite nicely, I know this wont help you but I can confirm it does run quite well.

But I agree that its a shame they don’t have a demo version.

It doesn't install on my Vario II - so don't bother buying it for the Hermes

Guest daedalia

With efficient code and compiled for the Samsung processor, it could run well on the Hermes but that's a lot more work and developers would rather rely on the hardware acceleration of the axim's. As for no demo versions; it's a tactic to reduce piracy, don't see the point as all it takes is one person to buy, crack and spread the file.

Edited by daedalia