Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest adiel
AND THE WAIT IS OVER...

http://rapidshare.com/files/46733902/i600U..._WM6_Update.rar

read my previous post for instructions. For the techies.. in the i600UXXupdater.exe there are TWO eboot images. One at the usual place after manifest the second right after it. The second one is the right one.

Thanks very much for this! you wrote in your instructions that it takes a really long time for the device to boot for the first time. i'm waiting for over 5 minutes already - is this normal? if not is there anything i can do?

Guest hepics
Thanks very much for this! you wrote in your instructions that it takes a really long time for the device to boot for the first time. i'm waiting for over 5 minutes already - is this normal? if not is there anything i can do?

5 mins is normal. but u can always remove the battery and start again. It should boot fine on the 2nd boot

Guest bryanz
5 mins is normal. but u can always remove the battery and start again. It should boot fine on the 2nd boot

I am waiting for "The ultra messaging" logo to disappear! I will be patient. 10 minutes?

I hope it works!

Guest hepics

Any success stories so far? Sorry guys I don't remember how much time exactly it took on the first boot. The time scale seemed different then :).. all I remember is that it seemed like very long time!

Guest panateo

Hi Guys,

I've just updated an Italian i600, following these steps:

- Update the i600 to s/w i600XXGD1 if not already with that version

- Change the pre-settings to dutch version:

Enter in the "Admin setting" menu:

*#1546792*#

Enter in the "Preconfiguration" menu:

Operator Code *#81230*#

- select "Netherlands", the phone will reboot a couple of times

- run the "i600UXXupdater.exe" and follow the instructions.

Then, if you need to change your Country / Operator, you need to perform the "Admin" procedure again.

Since WM6 uses a larger memory partition, I suppose that the first boot code modifies the partition before upgrading the phone with the proper WM6.

I also think that the s/w version is one for all the country, since xx means generic Europe. "U" is surely referred to the WM6 sersion of the i600.

hope this helps,

Regards,

PT

Edited by panateo

Guest adiel

now everything works but the phone - no phone calls. any ideas?

Guest adiel

now everything works but the phone - no phone calls. any ideas?

Guest hepics
Hi Guys,

*#1546792*#

Operator Code *#81230*#

Then, if you need to change your Country / Operator, you need to perform the "Admin" procedure again.

Since WM6 uses a larger memory partition, I suppose that the first boot code modifies the partition before upgrading the phone with the proper WM6.

I also think that the s/w version is one for all the country, since xx means generic Europe. "U" is surely referred to the WM6 sersion of the i600.

hope this helps,

Regards,

PT

Thanks much cleaner method. Verified it just now. Removed my RapidShare files as another user faced the phone issue. To fix the phone issue I had to do the flash with old XXC4 Phone firmware on an old machine and then again using the new one.

Guest bryanz
Hi Guys,

*#1546792*#

Operator Code *#81230*#

hope this helps,

Regards,

PT

I am trying to do this but it asks me for a password, what is it??

Guest bryanz
OK, the password is *#81230*#

Great panateo!

I updated my phone using your method, very simple and clever!

Anyway I want to thank you all for the work you have been doing and for the help you have given :)

What it's strange is that Samsung did not even include the Windows Mobile 6 logo at the startup, it is still the 5.0 logo :P

But I am very happy with the upgrade!

Guest shadowvip

I have the asian firmware, which includes only:

Indonesia

Malaysia

Phillipine

Thailand

Singapore

Vietnam

These are found in the preconfiguration menu. General consensus, do you think it would be safe to flash the european firmware and then from that, use the preconfiguration trick to change to a nordic country, and then upgrade to WM6?

Any responses would be appreciated.

Guest panateo
I have the asian firmware, which includes only:

Indonesia

Malaysia

Phillipine

Thailand

Singapore

Vietnam

These are found in the preconfiguration menu. General consensus, do you think it would be safe to flash the european firmware and then from that, use the preconfiguration trick to change to a nordic country, and then upgrade to WM6?

Any responses would be appreciated.

I think it should works, even if never tried by myself.. it worked from operator branded to non branded ROM, so it should be the same with your version..

Guest maiaawa
Hi Guys,

*#1546792*#

Operator Code *#81230*#

hope this helps,

Regards,

PT

Perfecto!

(can't see any major difference though other than windows live integration)

It's amazing to see how obsessive we become for such a minuscule thing.

Is it worth it!?

Guest alex3305

Office wasn't included in this update for this device.. Samsung did this in favor of the Picsel viewer which is better according to them...

I read an official reply on this by Samsung Benelux, so that's why I know.

Guest energylab

I have the australian vodafone branded i600 with ROM i600BUGD1...Has anyone with a similar ROM done the upgrade to WM6? Feel isolated and always behind down here when it comes to vendor/carrier supplied upgrades. Would Panateo's instructions work with mine or are there some differences which i will end up with a brick??

Thx

Guest kiwsss

a very big thanks to panateo, i follow his method and its very easy, im from philippines and i have samsung sgh i600 with WM6 upgrade :) :P ;)

Guest jackylui

Help!! Brothers

I have tried "hepics" 's method to update my i600 to wm6.

For the first attempt, around the end of the process, it took a quite long time without any response.

I then followed hepics's advice to unplug the battery for another reset... it does not help anymore.

Then, I tried one more "flash" but the update hung at the end also.

I have no choice but to flash it with the GD1 and GA2 version. However, during the updating "Phone" part, the phone screen shows the following messages.

[Phone] Active OFF -> Active OFF

[Phone] Reset Pin -> Low : OFF

*[PHONE] Phone Download Failed!

My phone does not have the phone function right now. What can I do??

The three extracted files and the flashing software (from previous i600XXGC6) is currently uploading to rapid share. Should take 30 more minutes to complete :) . Some points. I am disappointed in WM6 Update for many reasons. Including

- No Pocket Office (I guess because after WM6 there is not enough space left in ROM)

- No WM6 VoIP (One of the MAIN reasons for me to install WM6, I am still trying to see if its hidden somewhere inside)

both the above features are official part of Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Standard but have been removed from i600 version.

Some instructions..

WARNING: Do this at your own risk. I had some trouble with the first update attempt. The update said its successful but the PHONE Component (GSM) of i600 was not working. I could not fix the problem on the same machine, but managed to fix it using another computer so I guess it was some driver issue on my machine.

Start the I600_WCEDownloader_v1.1_Single.exe Application

Select the three files

Eboot = WM6Eboot2.nb0

PDA = WM6PDA.bin

Phone = WM6Phone.bin

Boot the phone in flash mode. Refer to http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i...Into_Bootloader for entering boot mode.

To enter flash mode / boot mode you must first turn off the device. Then press three keys "power" + "right soft key" + "camera key / back key"

Click at the Start Button to start the flash.

NOTE: The device takes a really long time to boot for ONLY the first time after update so be patient.