Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest Mizzle

As far as I know, the Cingular i607/Blackjack looks similar to the i600 but it is a completely different phone! I doesn't have WiFi and uses a different HSDPA frequency than the European i600. It is a Cingular branded type... So not very wise to flash an i600 with an i607 ROM. Best thing you can do is probably flash it back with a ROM mentioned in this thread, which is difficult when its connection isn't detected.... I wouldn't know how to help actually.

Guest Little Bee
Hi,i have same problem,

yesterday i flash my i600 to cingular rom.

Now my i600 normal boot,but promptly stretch out.

when i try boot mode,i have too Xcingular 1.2 and this is all.Phone not connected to PC .

Sorry for my bad englisch

heeeelp me please and thanks

HELLO EVERYONE,

I have got the same problem after flashing my i600 with i607 ROM, but I think if we can change the bootloader from Xcingular 1.2 back to Open 1.1 that will solve the problem. Is there any method to boot the machine from Micro-SD even without USB connection? Is there any special key to trigger it boot from Micro-SD?

Secondly, my phone still booting to show the AT&T logo and then shows "GoodBye" and Power Off. Sometimes, it shows the "Start" button for a while before it powers off automatically. Can I use some key to avoid it auto power off and let me to do something inside the windows mobile OS?

Thanks, Martin

Guest Little Bee
Hi,i have same problem,

yesterday i flash my i600 to cingular rom.

Now my i600 normal boot,but promptly stretch out.

when i try boot mode,i have too Xcingular 1.2 and this is all.Phone not connected to PC .

Sorry for my bad englisch

heeeelp me please and thanks

HELLO EVERYONE :rolleyes: ,

I have got the same problem after flashing my i600 with i607 ROM, but I think if we can change the bootloader from Xcingular 1.2 back to Open 1.1 that will solve the problem. Is there any method to boot the machine from Micro-SD even without USB connection? Is there any special key to trigger it boot from Micro-SD?

Secondly, my phone still booting to show the AT&T logo and then shows "GoodBye" and Power Off. Sometimes, it shows the "Start" button for a while before it powers off automatically. Can I use some key to avoid it auto power off and let me to do something inside the windows mobile OS?

Thanks, Martin

Guest jafangie

Hi Martin,

You have this problem because your phone is off.... I don't know why, but when you go into the "Wireless MAnager" and turn off "Phone", the phone becomes off of course... But after we cant turn on!.

I find only one solution to start it again, it is a hard reset. (when your phone is off: up + power, then press 1 and "y").

I also agree with you for replace the boot.

I am also looking with the registry to try connect it with activesync... but actually without success....

If you find something, please tell us here... 4 days already I made this error!!!!

Thanx a lot!

Jafangie.

Sorry for my very bad English!

Guest neilg

hi all,

thanks for the help, performed an upgrade which I hope will sort out my HSDPA issues.....mine started off life in portugese language after the flash and some of the system messages are still that way even after chaging in the regional settgins - not the end of the world though if it sorts my connectivity problems!

Cheers

n

Guest Stepir
After flash my i600 with this ROM, my "Picsel Viewer" was expired. When open my Excel files, it displayed "Your license to use Picsel Viewer has expired. Picsel viewer will now close".

Is it normal? Anybody got the same problem?

mine as well... how do I fix it?

Guest trapper02

I installed this ROm and now i can no longer connect my phone to my PC using the USB, the computer wont even reconize it. Anyone have this problem or some answers for me?

Guest Little Bee

Hi All,

For my i600 which has flashed with i607 rom, actually I won't able to use its user interface within the OS, because it will power off automatically and I cannot prevent it to auto power off. Will there any key combination to stop it auto power off?

I heard that there is a debuy mode on it. By pressing "Power" + "Left soft key" + "Camera" keys to launch the debug mode. It will prompt to press 0 or Space to enter configuration. Do you know how to make use of this debug mode to save the phone?

Thank you very very much!!!

Best Regards,

Martin Wong

Guest VoodooBOB
This work on i600. Please don't try it on different device than i600 !! It will not work on i607

@humaxnet:

To enter flash mode / boot mode in i600 you must firt tunr off device,

Then press three keys "power" + "right soft key" + "camera key / back key"

Shown on the picture:

resetda2.jpg

New software

Tip:

To format device: turn off, press "up key" + "power"

@chucky.egg

New rom image for i600 i found on xda forum (tested and work fine) can be download from:

Rom i600 Rev15_XXGA2

I assume this can be flashed on any i600 (South Africa) as long as my version is lower.

Guest DaGGeRRz
HELLO EVERYONE :rolleyes: ,

Thanks, Martin

Hehe, I was curious too and did the excact opposite of you - flashed a i607 with a i600 ROM. The device boots fine but cannot find the phone hardware and USB connections don't work anymore (either from the bootloader or via ActiveSync).

Trying to replace the Open 1.1 loader with Xcingular 1.2. Have you had any success yet?

Guest VoodooBOB

Do you guys also have pocket MSN missing? Does XXGC6 have it in?

Checked the version on my phone and it is running JC4.

Guest Mizzle
Does the I600XXGC6 version support RTSP video streaming?

What's that?

Do you guys also have pocket MSN missing? Does XXGC6 have it in?

Yes. It's available in XXGC6.

Guest promer
After flashing, almost everything is the same for me, except for the Phone and radio version: these are also running version i600XXGC6. Isn't that strange? Let me know if you want to try that one too...

Hi,

I have ROM :

PDA i600XXGA2

Phone i600XXGA2

H/W MP 1.502

I was trying few times to flash with the ROM version all of you are using and I still have this same version, also my operator settings are still the same, looks that I can't reload device from the scratch - can anybody help me ?

Guest promer

Hi,

does anybody knows how to overcame operator settings on unlocked phone ? whenever I'm flashing with new ROM I'm still on old version. and operators Internet (and other) settings are unchanged. I think this is due to CID lock. I need CID removal tool.....

Edited by promer

Guest VoodooBOB
mine as well... how do I fix it?

Any update on this, have the same problem. Installed the Office 6 cab file, works fine, but can't remove pixel viewer. Would like to remove it or get it working.

Got Pocket MSN and VoiceAssist with XXGA2, which I didn't have one. Makes up for loosing pixelviewer.

Guest lynxstan

RTSP is the protocol used for video streaming

Normally operator offer video streaming service running on RTSP protocol

Guest orcinus

Did anyone get their i600 work with Vista in flash mode?

Vista sees the i600, but the i600 can't see Vista. The flasher doesn't recognize the device either.

I tried three Microsoft's i600 drivers so far, tried disabling ActiveSync (actually, Sync Center, but never mind) and tried installing the BlackJack Driver Modem, both via installer and manually (Vista just won't recognize it as a valid driver for that device). No dice...

Any ideas? Or is Vista just not supported and that's that...

Guest xippon

orcinus: I'd tried flash in Vista, but device wasn't found. I think that Vista core are not good for this operation. Try to make flash in Windows XP.

Guest humaxnet

New European upgrade "no-brand" firmware Edit: Please don't link to ROMs hosted on rapidshare

For upgrade and resolve all previous problem need to install "BlackJack Modem Driver".

This software is included in new firmware.

(Hope to give you soon firmware with Windows Mobile 6!!)

Enjoy it!

HumaX :rolleyes:

Edited by The Doctor
Removed link to ROM hosted on rapidshare