Cheapest Price for a Hermes

Guest ant_thomas

Guest ant_thomas

I've currently got an XDA Mini S but want the Hermes since O2 now stock it as the XDA Trion, which I'm sure you all know.

One problem, it's bloody expensive. Especially compared to the MDA Vario II from T-Mobile.

£200 on a £25/month 18 Month contract compared to £110 on a £20/Month 18 month FlexT contract from T-Mobile. Does anyone think I could do a deal with O2 to bring the price down since it's exactly the same phone for a damn sight more money?

Guest The Doctor
I've currently got an XDA Mini S but want the Hermes since O2 now stock it as the XDA Trion, which I'm sure you all know.

One problem, it's bloody expensive. Especially compared to the MDA Vario II from T-Mobile.

£200 on a £25/month 18 Month contract compared to £110 on a £20/Month 18 month FlexT contract from T-Mobile. Does anyone think I could do a deal with O2 to bring the price down since it's exactly the same phone for a damn sight more money?

A trip to the retentions department is certainly worth a try ;)

Phil

Guest ant_thomas
A trip to the retentions department is certainly worth a try ;)

Phil

I was thinking that, it is my first contract with them but I had also been a loyal PAYG customer since, well, about 6 years ago, not that they'd care. Still, I think I few calls should hopefully sort that one out.

Guest BrownSource

Any particular reason for sticking with O2? - TMob have better data deals and if you intend to make use of the fast connection over hsdpa then TMob is better bet anyway. I'm sure you can get the vario 2 for abt £70 or less if you take the right Flext tarrif, sign up for Insurance in the shop (to cancel later of course!)

For +/- £200 you could prolly find a Vario 2 on Ebay and stick to PAYG with the TMob £1 per day flat rate

Guest ant_thomas
Any particular reason for sticking with O2? - TMob have better data deals and if you intend to make use of the fast connection over hsdpa then TMob is better bet anyway. I'm sure you can get the vario 2 for abt £70 or less if you take the right Flext tarrif, sign up for Insurance in the shop (to cancel later of course!)

For +/- £200 you could prolly find a Vario 2 on Ebay and stick to PAYG with the TMob £1 per day flat rate

I am actually now thinking that moving to T-Mobile could be the best idea. I can leave O2 next month so I think I shall be doing that, unless O2 really do give me some amazing deal that can beat T-Mobile, but I doubt it with their web'n'walk packages.

Guest ant_thomas
Yeah, switching to T-Mo is sure to get you the best deal both on handset price and data.

Hurrah! :D

P

So that is what I have done!! And I have to say, the T-Mobile sales guy was fantastic.

I orignally went into the O2 shop here in Sheffield but they had no Trions in or any idea of upragde prices, so I went to the T-Mobile shop to see what they could do.

It was a very easy sell for the guy since I knew what I wanted and what contract. He wanted me to get the contract so much even though I wanted to wait a month to end my O2 contract that he knocked the price of my O2 contract (£25) off the price of the Vario II bring it down to £55. Obviously I've still paid £80 but I was still impressed that he really wanted to sell it that much that £25 came straight off, that meant I just walked away with my new phone straight off, fantastic stuff!

Now time to unlock it and stick WM6 on it ;)

Guest martinwilliams999
So that is what I have done!! And I have to say, the T-Mobile sales guy was fantastic.

I orignally went into the O2 shop here in Sheffield but they had no Trions in or any idea of upragde prices, so I went to the T-Mobile shop to see what they could do.

It was a very easy sell for the guy since I knew what I wanted and what contract. He wanted me to get the contract so much even though I wanted to wait a month to end my O2 contract that he knocked the price of my O2 contract (£25) off the price of the Vario II bring it down to £55. Obviously I've still paid £80 but I was still impressed that he really wanted to sell it that much that £25 came straight off, that meant I just walked away with my new phone straight off, fantastic stuff!

Now time to unlock it and stick WM6 on it ;)

I went for Orange.

Got my Hermes (aka SPV 3100) free on an 18 month contract at £35 per month.

325 xnet minutes & 300 texts.

I chose to pay per megabyte for internet and as yet haven't paid more than a few pence in any single month.

Guest ant_thomas
Got mine for 175 quids unlocked =)

Make sure you look in the right place for WM6 =)

I've had WM6 on it for most of the evening now!

I knew what to do since I upgraded my Wizard a while back to WM6

Guest The Doctor
I went for Orange.

Got my Hermes (aka SPV 3100) free on an 18 month contract at £35 per month.

325 xnet minutes & 300 texts.

Is that it ;)

I get £180 to spend on my Flext 35 tariff, equating to either 900 minutes or 1800 texts or anything in between...

And its only £30, got £5 knocked off and web n walk free :D Phone was £40 tho... not bad IMHO

Phil

Guest ant_thomas

Just rang up O2 to get my PAC code and the guy seemed quite upset to see me leaving.

He did mention about O2 making some data packages available soon but couldn't tell me about them, therefore, there was no chance of me staying. Also, standard upgrade price for my £25/month contract was £199.99, a lot more than T-Mobiles £80!

I can't see it being as good as T-Mobiles, especially since I'm on the FlexT25 which also had £5/month off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wam7
Just rang up O2 to get my PAC code and the guy seemed quite upset to see me leaving.

He did mention about O2 making some data packages available soon but couldn't tell me about them, therefore, there was no chance of me staying. Also, standard upgrade price for my £25/month contract was £199.99, a lot more than T-Mobiles £80!

I can't see it being as good as T-Mobiles, especially since I'm on the FlexT25 which also had £5/month off.

As of the 1st of may the Flext tariff is even better value. You get the normal Flext35 deal £180 for calls or texts. (calls 20p/min texts 10p) BUT you also get free evening and weekend calls to UK mobiles and landlines. Now that is going to be very hard to beat.

Guest The Doctor
As of the 1st of may the Flext tariff is even better value. You get the normal Flext35 deal £180 for calls or texts. (calls 20p/min texts 10p) BUT you also get free evening and weekend calls to UK mobiles and landlines. Now that is going to be very hard to beat.

:rolleyes: :P :D :D :rolleyes:

/me prays that the Kaiser will come out on T-Mobile UK before that offer changes B)

Phil

Guest psionandy

I walked into a t-mobile store.. the guy asked what I was looking for.. I said a vario II on flext 25 with web'n'walk.. he asked if i'd sign for 18 months.. and then went out back to talk to 'his manager'

Came out and offered it for free if I took the insurance (which I can cancel at any time)

Guest craighome

Definitely go into a T-Mobile shop to get the best deal, I know I bartered someone down in the last week to give me a Vario 2 for £50 on a £20/month flex-t 12 month contract

Sounds like you can get it for free on a 18 Month contract... but I don't do 18 month contracts... Technology changes too much in an 18 month window

Edited by craighome