Alarm function

Guest Televinken

Guest Televinken

Anyone know if there's a way to make the wakeup alarm work properly?

What I mean is; can it be set to go off when the phone is switched off?

It's frustrating to see that every other phone has this obvious feature!

I know there's no 'official way', but maybe you know a reg hack or so?

Or maybe there's a program to install on the phone, that does it..?

Thanx in advance....

Edited by Televinken

• 1 month later...
Guest sebbes
Anyone know if there's a way to make the wakeup alarm work properly?

What I mean is; can it be set to go off when the phone is switched off?

It's frustrating to see that every other phone has this obvious feature!

I know there's no 'official way', but maybe you know a reg hack or so?

Or maybe there's a program to install on the phone, that does it..?

Thanx in advance....

Did you mean "to go ON" ?

If that was your question, no... remember it's like a small pc, which cannot wakup from a shutdown state neither (it's hardware, any other phone in fact never go to real "full off" state... that's why they can wake up).

In fact, a smartphone never need to be "off", just use "Flight Mode" if you don't want to be disturbed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Televinken
Did you mean "to go ON" ?

If that was your question, no... remember it's like a small pc, which cannot wakup from a shutdown state neither (it's hardware, any other phone in fact never go to real "full off" state... that's why they can wake up).

In fact, a smartphone never need to be "off", just use "Flight Mode" if you don't want to be disturbed.

No, I meant "go off" ('cause that's proper English, ya know....& NOT "go on") :rolleyes:

And I already contacted Samsung Sweden, who confirmed this inferiority.

I've got a Nokia, one Panasonic & one Motorola, which all can be turned

off, but still set the alarm off at proper time. That's a fact.....

Of course you can switch to flightmode, but that wasn't my point here.

Since the battery time is so ridiculously bad, one would want to switch

the phone off whenever possible, to save the battery, don't ya think?

Anyway, thanx for taking time & try to answer....

Guest conan_troutman

most "dumb" phones do not switch off as stated in fact if you have a full battery and switch it off and leave it a few day when you switch it on you will see the battery actually goes down more than that of a smart phone due to the fact it goes into something very similar to flight mode on a "smartphone" also you may notice most Dumb phones do not have a Flight mode

simply put when a "smartphone" is off it is OFF

when a Dumb phone is off it is in STANDBY bit like turning you rtv off with the remote

going into flight mode and setting power setting to turn off back light and display will in effect do eactly the same thing as what you are requesting and then yes all your alarms will work even ones set to switch the phone out of standby (flight mode off)

Guest Televinken
most "dumb" phones do not switch off as stated in fact if you have a full battery and switch it off and leave it a few day when you switch it on you will see the battery actually goes down more than that of a smart phone due to the fact it goes into something very similar to flight mode on a "smartphone" also you may notice most Dumb phones do not have a Flight mode.going into flight mode and setting power setting to turn off back light and display will in effect do eactly the same thing as what you are requesting and then yes all your alarms will work even ones set to switch the phone out of standby (flight mode off)

Well, you "sort of" have a point there, Conan. And since no one else have come up with any other idea

I take it that what I request is simply not possible to achieve. Besides, I've noticed that what tends to

drain the battery most, is when screen is turned on (eh :) ). Meaning that when phone is just lying there

it really doesn't consume that much power. It's a great screen, but also a true power-guzzler.... :P

Thanx, Conan....