browsing on 3g or g

Guest bananas78

Guest bananas78

i have got 2 months evening and weekends orange world. I have connected to internet explorer using wifi up to now

problem is I am trying to access orange world on the 3G network and it does not find the site, the bars show it is connecting using 3G, yet wont find any site let alone orange world

It is something I have done with activsync, or pocket IE settings?

thanks

Guest Neil5459

How strong is the signal?

If not too strong, it may be worth forcing it to use GPRS rather than 3G- go to Settings/Phone/Band and set the top box to GSM.

Is it trying to connect using the correct connecton? What does the Connection Bubble show- it should be Orange Internet (rather than ORange WAP or Orange MMS)

Guest bananas78
How strong is the signal?

If not too strong, it may be worth forcing it to use GPRS rather than 3G- go to Settings/Phone/Band and set the top box to GSM.

Is it trying to connect using the correct connecton? What does the Connection Bubble show- it should be Orange Internet (rather than ORange WAP or Orange MMS)

The signal is fine, i have the connection bubble saying

connecting to orange wap

connecting to gprs, 3G In bold

How do I change to use Orange Internet

thanks

Guest Neil5459
The signal is fine, i have the connection bubble saying

connecting to orange wap

connecting to gprs, 3G In bold

How do I change to use Orange Internet

thanks

Go Start/Settings/Connections and select the Connections Icon. Now hit the 'Advanced' tab at the bottom, and you will see a page with a 'Select Networks' button.

Tap 'Select Networks' and make sure both chooser boxes have 'Orange Internet' selected. OK back to the home screen, then press/hold the power button for 5 seconds to force a full shutdown (you get a warning about unsaved work, but the settings are saved) then restart and all ought to be OK.