Where to get C550/SP4m/9200 Roms?

Guest Chaser92

Guest Chaser92

help me... i was googling nearly a hour ... i know that they ARE somewhere...

I know you cannot redistribute them directly, but please, send me any links to:

[email protected]

it's very important cause my phone doesn't work!

Guest rikpotts

I spent 6 days looking for a qtek 8200 rom for my c550.

Apprently your not allowed to post links here so all I can say is google q*** 8*** r** and have a look at the bottom of the 3rd returned page for a forum post in a different language. You'll have to install a russian rom and then apply an english.cab to sort out your predictive text. Im here now to find out how to flash the rom, i dont know if it will be the same as the qtek 7070 i did.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Guest Chaser92
I spent 6 days looking for a qtek 8200 rom for my c550.

Apprently your not allowed to post links here so all I can say is google q*** 8*** r** and have a look at the bottom of the 3rd returned page for a forum post in a different language. You'll have to install a russian rom and then apply an english.cab to sort out your predictive text. Im here now to find out how to flash the rom, i dont know if it will be the same as the qtek 7070 i did.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Please, send me that on email... there isn't anything on 3rd page or i can't find

Guest rikpotts

The google pages have changed, I cant find that link anymore either.

Try searching for.....

"HU_BP_RUS_101577_13234_1410_ship"

Again its on a forum and hosted via ftp.

To flash the phone you will have to cid unlock the phone, which means installing cert.cab and using spv services. you will have to application unlock the phone to install cert.cab

Download Regedit

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=18427

Using ActiveSync copy the regedit file to \storage\windows\startmenu

Then on your phone Press start and open regedit.

Navigate to....

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

and press values.

Open 00001001 and change the value data to 1

Do the same for 00001005 but change the value data to 40.

Now download spv services. Its a simple google.

Once you have downloaded and extracted the spv services folder copy the cert.cab to your phone, just copy it to \storage.

On your phone press Start and then System Management and open file manager. Click on storage then change it to list view. You should see cert.cab in the list. Click on it and install it.

Once this is done make sure activesync is connected and open SPVServices from within the SPV Services folder you downloaded. Then click on CID Unlock on the left. I cant remember what screens you should see but it was quite straight forward.

Once you have CID unlocked your phone you can now install the rom.

Make sure activesync is connected and your phone is turned on as normal (you dont need to be in the boot screen)

Simply double click on the rom you downloaded and follow the instructions.

Once the flash is done you will have russian phone!

Press Start, then press 8 (for settings, its the only folder in the first screen of the start menu... just in case its not 8!), then press 0 and then 5 (Regional Settings)

Change the top menu to UK/US English and reboot the phone.

It should now be in English.

What I haven't sorted is the entering of text... ie in a message or new contact. Its in russian... abc and t9 predictive text.

I was told to download this and install it the same way in which you installed cert.cab

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=21458

Only now I dont get any text, just numbers its easy to uninstall but russian is as useful as nothing at all to me!

It took me 6 days to find the rom (then in 10 mins I found 3 difference links for it!) and 5 hours last night to work out how to flash it so be gratefull!

Edited by rikpotts

Guest Chaser92

Thank you very much... My phone is now Qtek 9200 :rolleyes: But I have some other problems: i can't enable cleartype, and I have only numbers instead of letters :P