Deleting contacts from Carousel...?

Guest orcinus

Guest orcinus

Am i missing something or is there absolutely no way to remove entries from the favourite contacts card in the Carousel home screen? :rolleyes:

Guest xippon

To delete contact from favorities in Card Well/Carousel:

1) select contact to delete (left/right button)

2) click "ok" button to enter contact

3) "menu" > "delete"

Guest Alpha4

3) "menu" > "delete"

Erm, I think he/she means remove the Contact from Carousel Favourites, not entirely delete it from the phone altogether.

Edited by Alpha4

Guest orcinus
Erm, I think he/she means remove the Contact from Carousel Favourites, not entirely delete it from the phone altogether.

Exactly...

(and "he") :rolleyes:

Ante

Guest xippon

3) "menu" > "delete"

"Erm, I think he/she means remove the Contact from Carousel Favourites, not entirely delete it from the phone altogether."

Please try to make a question more cleaary then.

To remove contact from fav, without delete, go to:

1) Go to "Contacts"

2) Select

3) "Menu" > "Remove from Favourites"

Guest orcinus
Please try to make a question more cleaary then.

To remove contact from fav, without delete, go to:

1) Go to "Contacts"

2) Select

3) "Menu" > "Remove from Favourites"

A friend found it already, but thanks!

(i thought it can't get much clearer than "remove entries from the favourite contacts card in the Carousel home screen") :rolleyes:

Edited by orcinus

Guest Alpha4
A friend found it already, but thanks!

(i thought it can't get much clearer than "remove entries from the favourite contacts card in the Carousel home screen") :P

Ah, OK MR orcinus, :D Glad it's sorted.

On a related issue, I have found that if I press the green 'Call' key to call someone in my call history, no matter which one I select it dials the displayed

Carousel Favourite!

The only way to stop this happening is to navigate away from the Favourite Contacts card to something else, and then it will let you dial from the Call History

list.

Seems like a pretty dangerous bug :rolleyes: I called the missus from Call History and, without realising it the phone dialed work, so I ended up asking our company receptionist if she wanted me to pick anything up on the way home from work. Oh how we laffed.

Anybody else notice this fault?

Guest orcinus
Seems like a pretty dangerous bug :rolleyes: I called the missus from Call History and, without realising it the phone dialed work, so I ended up asking our company receptionist if she wanted me to pick anything up on the way home from work. Oh how we laffed.

Anybody else notice this fault?

LOL :P

Mine doesn't even display the Call History. Actually, it does, for about 1/4 of a second (or even less - it just blinks) then it goes straight to dialing the selected favourite contact. That's with firmware XXGD1.

Ante

Edited by orcinus

Guest Alpha4
LOL :P

Mine doesn't even display the Call History. Actually, it does, for about 1/4 of a second (or even less - it just blinks) then it goes straight to dialing the selected favourite contact. That's with firmware XXGD1.

Ante

Ah.. I'm using XXGC6 and I was thinking of re-flashing up a version (again). But, unless there's a compelling reason to do so (like the fix of the Carousel bug we are discussing), I think I'll leave

it until I can skip a couple of versions.

Do you know of any major differences between GC6 and GD1 that might persuade me to take the plunge and re-flash (it's such a pig re-installing all my apps :rolleyes: )?

Guest orcinus
Do you know of any major differences between GC6 and GD1 that might persuade me to take the plunge and re-flash (it's such a pig re-installing all my apps :rolleyes: )?

Nope. I flashed just to get (completely) rid of Vodafone branding my phone had on.

But if i understood your Call History bug correctly, it seems to be fixed in D1 - like i said, it dials the favourite contact straight away, when you press the green button (and displays the call history very very briefly). And opening Call History from the Start menu works as expected, regardless of the favourite contacts card on the home screen.

Guest orcinus

That's odd...

What's even more odd is the fact that mine (nor my friend's, running Vodafone firmware) doesn't have the option to hide the SIM contacts people mentioned here: http://www.modaco.com/Samsung-i600-Contact...ay-t254807.html.

Just BTW, do any of you have the Band Selection menu under Settings > Phone > All Calls?

Ante

Edited by orcinus

Guest loki_f

I have Band Selection, but don't have the ability to hide SIM contacts.

Anyone have any idea why I can't see the other option (delete contact from carousel) - what firmware version do I have to be on to do it?

• 2 months later...
Guest joehood

I'm using i600UXXGG2 (WM6) and the "Remove from Favorites" item isn't on the menu (on contact summary page). I suppose it's a bug in the ROM. Does anyone have any idea how to add the item? Can something be done to the registry to make it work?

Cheers,

Joe

(new here, fresh from XDA territory)

Guest joehood

OK... just found a simple workaround, removing the registry entries, therefore removing the contacts from the carousel:

HKLM > Software > Microsoft > FavPeople > OIDS > (LSK for Values)

Then delete the values here and cycle the power.