Available memory jumped up 4MB when I...

Guest code_junkie

Guest code_junkie

Available memory jumped up 4K when I removed the "WiFi: On/Off" plugin from my homescreen. I was quiet happy with the extra 4K. Seemed to boot quiet a bit faster too, at least the part of the boot-up after the homescreen first appears. :P

Edit:

I wrote K when I ment MB..... Duh :rolleyes:

Edited by code_junkie

Guest code_junkie
4K? That's not a lot?

P

I take that back, I was running a little over 12k. After I took out the plugin I am now running a little over 18K so it was a 6K boost.

50% more free memory works for me! :rolleyes: Especially for something that I really don't use that much.

Guest Soaring Penguin
Available memory jumped up 4K when I removed the "WiFi: On/Off" plugin from my homescreen. I was quiet happy with the extra 4K. Seemed to boot quiet a bit faster too, at least the part of the boot-up after the homescreen first appears. :P

Edit:

I wrote K when I ment MB..... Duh :rolleyes:

Hi,

I am a newbie at modifying home screen files and am a bit confused about which part I have to remove? Found the section where WiFi resides:

<plugin clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" name="carrier" height="24">

<allowselection/>

<background>

<format state="selected" bgimage="\Application Data\Home\TMOwifi.jpg" />

background>

<label bgcolor="transparent" halign="left" h="20" font-weight="bold" y="0" x="123" w="81" font-size="16">

<text><carrier/>text>

label>

<label bgcolor="transparent" halign="left" font-weight="bold" y="0" x="0" textwidth="115" font-size="16">

<text><wifi/>text>

label>

<clock>

<time font-weight="bold" font-size="16" valign="top" halign="right" y="0" x="0" w="320"/>

<date font-weight="bold" font-size="16" valign="top" halign="center" mode="short" y="0" x="58" w="320" />

clock>

plugin>

And removed the part:

<label bgcolor="transparent" halign="left" font-weight="bold" y="0" x="0" textwidth="115" font-size="16">

<text><wifi/>text>

label>

but that does not seem to do the trick. It's still selectable (I think I can remove from the top) and doesn't seem to give me any memory back.

Can someone please advise?

Thank you for your help,

d.

• 1 month later...
Guest satyab

Edit:

I wrote K when I ment MB..... Duh :)

How did you do it?? Please elaborate.