Help me choose my next phone

Guest Cromagnet

Guest Cromagnet

Hello everyone,

My Cingular 2125 (HTC STM 5700 type Smartphone) has beeped its last beep. I'm hoping to find some help to pick my next phone and in a hurry too. I'm currently with Cingular.

Requirements:

- similar size to my current phone 4.6 in x 0.7 in x 1.8 in - 3.7oz (116 x 46 x 18 mm - 116g)

- 3G

- speakerphone

- ability to access my stmp email

- view pdf and word documents

- fast processing

- I use Outlook so it would be good to sync contacts etc.

- surf web easily

Being and early adopter I like to utilize all the latest technologies.

Interested in wifi, camera, bluetooth, touchscreen, mp3

Cell Phones that caught my eye.

- i-mate Ultimate 8150 (specs seem hard to believe, but hey! I'll take it!!)

- HTC S710

- iPhone?? (looks big)

- Samsung Blackjack (not sure of the model#)

- HTC MTeoR

Other phones??

Can you guys please help me decide on the best new phone to buy to meet my needs and let me know why you recommend your suggested choices.

Thanks for reading! :rolleyes:

Guest Dick Heuser

I am a developer of software for Windows Mobile so I have had many Windows Mobile phones and I am very picky about them. I currently have a Samsung Blackjack, a Cingular 8525 and a Willcomm Sharp WS007SH1. I believe that the Blackjack is by far the best Windows Mobile phone that i have ever had. It works extremely well. Calls are great, online video is great, real-time video from my Slingbox over the 3G network works very well, email works well directly from an Exchange server as well as POP3 servers and it is small and light. It does not have Pocket Word or Pocket Excel because it uses the Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone edition OS. It does have a document viewer that allows you to view Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. However, an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 Standard edition is expected for this summer which will add those applications.

Guest Cromagnet
I am a developer of software for Windows Mobile so I have had many Windows Mobile phones and I am very picky about them. I currently have a Samsung Blackjack, a Cingular 8525 and a Willcomm Sharp WS007SH1. I believe that the Blackjack is by far the best Windows Mobile phone that i have ever had. It works extremely well. Calls are great, online video is great, real-time video from my Slingbox over the 3G network works very well, email works well directly from an Exchange server as well as POP3 servers and it is small and light. It does not have Pocket Word or Pocket Excel because it uses the Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone edition OS. It does have a document viewer that allows you to view Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. However, an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 Standard edition is expected for this summer which will add those applications.

Thanks Richard,

I do like the Blackjack and it's an easy fix for me. I didn't know that WM6 was coming for it so maybe I wait. It looks like WM6 is the way to go.