Need help installing new apps to my Moto Q

Guest mydogsmonkey

Guest mydogsmonkey

Hi. I was able to somehow put a new theme onto my moto q but im having trouble installing programs such as Pocket SNES, pocket nester, wolfenstein,

Can you guys point me in the right directions and tell me what to do? I tried looking for a tutorial in learning the basics of installing such programs but i can't find one. So please hold my hand and take me step by step from after downloading the zip files and opening them with winRAR please. Thanks

Also, if anyone knows whether or not google maps for windows mobile takes up internet usage or not, i would also like to know that as well. Thanks

Edited by mydogsmonkey

Guest Ovie

Hi, basically, if it's a .CAB or .ARM file you need to copy it to your device and run it from there. You should know if it's a cab file because the file extension will be .cab, if it doesn't say, then right-click and go to properties. It should also say from the site you're downloading from. Don't extract the file with WinRAR!

The second way of installing apps is basically if you're given a setup.exe file of some sort. To install this, make sure you have a connection with ActiveSync running between your computer and device, and run the setup file. Pretty simple after that.