"Unrecoverable Error" installing Voice Command 1.6

Guest mjt2810

Guest mjt2810

OK, just started to load up my new shiny and very usable Touch. Everything is going on well, and then I get to installing Voice Command v1.6.

It goes through the installation routine, and right at the very end ... POW! "An unrecoverable error was encounterd during installation. Please reset and try again".

Then ... the cab installer says it's installed! I can't see VC in the program list, but I can in the settings. So, I reset, remove and re-install ... same message!! :P

Any ideas folks????? :rolleyes:

M.

Guest Ovie

Perhaps something wrong with the installation file? Try redownloading it and installing it, or downloading from a different location maybe?

Guest Shuflie

Keep us posted. Lack of voice command compatibility would kill off any interest I would have in using the touch as a phone, I've grown to be very dependant on it for making phone calls while I drive now that it works over a bluetooth connection.

Guest Paul (MVP)

So I just downloaded Voice Command 1.60 UK version, and it did indeed throw up an error on install.

HOWEVER, despite the error, it's installed and working fine.

I mapped it to my camera button (the only button on the device), and it seems OK. I only asked it the time, granted, but that worked :rolleyes:

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

In response to mjt2810's original post - it never does appear in Programs IIRC, only in settings - you need to use the 'Buttons' applet to map a button to 'Voice Command'.

P

Guest mjt2810
In response to mjt2810's original post - it never does appear in Programs IIRC, only in settings - you need to use the 'Buttons' applet to map a button to 'Voice Command'.

P

Hi Paul, thanks! I have now managed to install it, and assign to the camera button. Thing is, it only works once ... after that, whenever the camera button is pressed it just beeps.

Same problem??

M.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest seal

Hi all,

I use voice command all the time on my touch, the thought of actually looking up a contact the original way seem unacceptable to me now after using VC for so long.

The only issues I have is the touch's processor is slow and VC1.6 struggles abit and I believe that can be fixed with the Pagepool fix but I am too scared of bricking my Touch, some one should just do the changes for a 4mb and 6mb pagepool and then post the roms, I would install a new rom but thats about it.

I can't get VC1.6 to annouce calls or appointments, it just doesn't seem to work, I don't know if this is related to the error when installing..... Has anyone else got this problem???