which device next?

Guest mch_87

Guest mch_87

Hey guys, I need a little help choosing my next windows based phone. I'm really not sure what to go for either palm pc style or smartphone... I have a list of things that I want it to feature:

-Bluetooth

-Expandable memory

-Reasonable Loudspeaker/speaker phone

-Camera

-Good battery life.

I would like WiFi and 3G but not essential... :rolleyes:

I like the new Toshiba Portege G500 & G900 also the HTC S710

the only things wrong with those is the G500 did not get a good review and the HTC S710 was said to hesitate during tasks (which would annoy me <_< )

I would Ideally like something more like a phone than a pda but will consider either.

anything is gonna be better than my mpx220 <_<

Thanks for you help in advance...

Maybe have a look at the HTC Touch, it's quite sexy, not really a phone style though but one of the smallest devices yet.

In terms of smartphones I'm not sure...I have read a lot of good things about the S710 though.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Yeah i wouldn't dismiss the S710 so quickly either, it is a great device. All WM phones cover your points above other than the camera (they're all mediocre) and 3G (probably a 40/60 3G/2G split maybe?). I'd also recommend the Touch, just bear in mind that out the box text input is through the SIP (on-screen keyboard) or handwriting recognition only...

Guest modgnik

If you go to www.pdadb.net you will find many phones that satisfy the criteria you stated. The ones listed below are a sample.

I recently replaced my HTC Tornado, which incidentally is a far superior device than the MPx220, with the Asus Jupiter as I prefer the candybar form factor.

1. Asus M530w (WM6 Pro)

2. HTC Wings (WM6 Sta)

Good luck.

Edit: I thought about what Ovie said and checked another site. The Asus M530w is apparently a WM6 Standard Smartphone. Pdadb's specs must be incorrect.

Edit: The specs now show WM6 Sta on Pdadb.

Edited by modgnik

If you go to www.pdadb.net you will find many phones that satisfy the criteria you stated. The ones listed below are a sample.

I recently replaced my HTC Tornado, which incidentally is a far superior device than the MPx220, with the Asus Jupiter as I prefer the candybar form factor.

1. Asus M530w (WM6 Pro)

2. HTC Wings (WM6 Sta)

Good luck.

Careful with PDADB though, some of it was inaccurate the last time I checked.

Guest mch_87

thanks for your input guys! I will take another look at the G500 & the HTC S710 as well as the others suggested...

I had thought about trying the Nokia N95 with their own smartphone software but my mate just got it and IMO its a crock of Sh1te!!!

come to think of it I own a half decent digital camera so a camera would be nice but not essential...

Guest mch_87

Right... I am very interested in the Toshiba Portege G500 and the HTC S720 but as the Toshiba is the only 1 out here at the mo (uk) I think I'm gonna go for that one!!!

can any1 tell me the best place to get it? ideally I want it on the o2 online 35 contract...