WM6 for i600 NOW AVAILABLE FOR NORDIC

Guest tha_neo

Guest bryanz
Had a talk with Samsung I600 support (UK), the information they have is - it‘s coming within a month.

UK, France, Germany and a few other countries uses the same ROM update. Some of the mobile operators are not happy as they have to support these new features; exchange connectivity in particular.

So curb your enthusiasm and wait rather then using some dodgy patch...

Thinking of these hopeless mobile operators - Orange keeps popping up in my mind – according to them - fewer features in the OS is innovative; they don't have to support them, msn messenger was removed for the same reason. Now WM6 has exchange connectivity and who's going to support that!?)

Hello maiaawa,

Please could you ask

UK support if there will be an update for Spain? Because I have written twice to spanish support and they haven't answered!

Thanks in advance!

Guest Hedrox
This rom is extracted from the samsung package, and then repackaged to work with any version. The author claims to have been excruciatingly careful about extracting things correctly, however, can be no guarantees. In addition, there is the possibility that this version released by samsung may not actually work on the devices it is not meant for.

after sucsessful flashing of this firmware samsung boot but freeze at Ultra Messaging logo - maybe to need full reset or other options (revert to GD1 firmware without problems)

Guest lynxstan

Hi Hedrox

Same here...my phone freezes at the Ultra Messaging Logo after upgragding to the Dutch rom...

Probably the hardware is not compatible....:-(

Guest bryanz

Does anyone know what does this mean:

This upgrade is supported only when online and downgrading to the previous software version is not supported. For more details, please contact your nearest A/S centers.

It is in the FAQ on how to upgrade

Guest maiaawa
Hello maiaawa,

Please could you ask

UK support if there will be an update for Spain? Because I have written twice to spanish support and they haven't answered!

Thanks in advance!

Its bizarre Spain is not in the list... I think UK/German/France ROM should work on that, if it doesn't then try the other EU country ROM... If still doesn't then you are out of luck amigo...

Funnily enough, when you click on any of the disabled flag... It says - This "county" is preparing for this service rather than saying Country...(Engrish check is required)

Guest bryanz
Its bizarre Spain is not in the list... I think UK/German/France ROM should work on that, if it doesn't then try the other EU country ROM... If still doesn't then you are out of luck amigo...

Funnily enough, when you click on any of the disabled flag... It says - This "county" is preparing for this service rather than saying Country...(Engrish check is required)

Yes, I noticed that also, maybe they should contract my services as a translator :)

Guest aswet

I have downloaded and installed WM6 versjon for Norway. Installasjon stopped in download to phone session and messaged waiting for next file. On the phone the status was "Time 123" with numbers looping.

I had to take out to battery to make the phone response. After that a long boot the phone came up perfectly with WM6!

A little bit scary, but worth it.

Some new features I have found and like allready:

- Switching 3G/GSM/GPRS can be done from settings (no longer need use adminsettings.exe)

- A little bit nicer icons

- A little bit nicer calender

- Bluetooth headset application switch is gone. Maybe switching between different headset now will go smoothly?

- Windows update included and hopfully will give som bugfixes

All programs was successfully reinstalled.

Navigation is not slower, maybe faster than with WM5

Boot time is the same

Good luck with the upgrade. I recommend it!

Guest I600abc

Does it matter if i install the Dutch one and i live in the middle east? anad whenever i type my version, nothing happens! is says to type i600 version and it repeats

Guest sekhar_sarma

HI,

Can you explain what version of firmware you had before installing WM6-Norway.

Before WM6-Norway did you change the region in admin -preconfig menu to Norway/Nordic

I have a Swiss vrsion of firmware XXGC4. Any experts in this forum have any idea if WM6 upgarde from samsung mobile with Nordic version will create a brick out of my phone.

Also, suppose I install the nordic version successfully, will it automatically upgrade my firmware from XXGC4 to a later version.

Regards,

Guest aswet
HI,

Before WM6-Norway did you change the region in admin -preconfig menu to Norway/Nordic

I have a Swiss vrsion of firmware XXGC4. Any experts in this forum have any idea if WM6 upgarde from samsung mobile with Nordic version will create a brick out of my phone.

Also, suppose I install the nordic version successfully, will it automatically upgrade my firmware from XXGC4 to a later version.

Regards,

I'm sorry to say that I have not written down the firmware version. But if I remember correctly it was the same version as yours. I did'nt do any preconfig, just follwed the instructions. The mobile booted with swedish language. I changed it manually to norwegian. I can see that other Europe languages available is Italian, UK English, Portugish, French, Suomi, Spanish, Danish, Nederlands, Swedish and Deutsch. In addtion there are two languages I don't understand...

After upgrade this is may versions numbers:

PDA:

i600uxxgg2

Telephone:

i600XXGC6

Eboot:

i600UXXGG2

Guest pierre
HI,

Regards,

No need of an expert, the upgrade is a child game. And yes, Switzerland is present in the WM6 Nordic' rom, as well as the operators' settings (SW, Sunrise & Orange)

You'll find these in the hidden preconfig' menu.

Guest Marco FCP

Hi guys

i will make the upgrade tonight

can please someone confirm me if the nordic update files will allow me to choose portuguese laguage and portuguese operators.

thank you

Guest Crazy993

Does anyone know if there's a WM6.0 upgrade for a Spain Samsung i600v?

-Version (PDA/Phone) i600BUGB1

-System 5.1.464 (Build 15359.3.4.0)

-Radio i600BUGB1

-RIL 2.002

Million thanks~!

Guest bryanz
Does anyone know if there's a WM6.0 upgrade for a Spain Samsung i600v?

-Version (PDA/Phone) i600BUGB1

-System 5.1.464 (Build 15359.3.4.0)

-Radio i600BUGB1

-RIL 2.002

Million thanks~!

Crazy993 you can update it using the Dutch ROM and the procedure on this post: http://www.modaco.com/Samsung-SGH-i600-Fir...html&st=240

Spanish: Puedes actualizarlo con la Rom holandesa siguiendo los pasos del post que te he puesto. Yo actualicé mi i600v así y sin ningún problema.

Hi,

Have anyone made this ROM working with both Internett connection and MMS in Norway using Telenor?

I have used the enclosed Operator configurator and when using this I do not get the Internett connection or MMS to work. If i download the settings from telenormobil.no I get the Internett to work but not MMS.

Jarle

Guest nehvada
Hi,

Have anyone made this ROM working with both Internett connection and MMS in Norway using Telenor?

I have used the enclosed Operator configurator and when using this I do not get the Internett connection or MMS to work. If i download the settings from telenormobil.no I get the Internett to work but not MMS.

Jarle

you might want to go back to your admin settings and set the country and operator settings to your needs. hope this helps.

you might want to go back to your admin settings and set the country and operator settings to your needs. hope this helps.

Hi,

I deleted my settings, change my operator to Telenor Sweden and then back again to Telenor Norway, now it is working ok.

Thank you :-)

Jarle

Guest Caveman/Ninja
IT WORKED!!!! Its beautiful!

Hi,

I also have i600 from the middle east, my version number is JPGE6. How did you get yours to work?

Thanks,

CN

Guest I600abc
Hi,

I also have i600 from the middle east, my version number is JPGE6. How did you get yours to work?

Thanks,

CN

I just followed Panateo's instructions, it gives u a european WM6 but it works great in the middle-east, but i had the XXGC2 but it should still work fine, to download XXGD1 :http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i600, and Panateo's instructions: http://www.modaco.com/Samsung-SGH-i600-Fir...html&st=220, make sure u turn off active sync while installing XXGD1

Guest duncan888

so what about skype on WM6, ayone tried this yet? this is the only thing stopping me from getting one of these phones, I need to make skype calls!

Thanks.