Start Menu Link to "Text Message" Inbox

Guest csc12345678

Guest csc12345678

Hi ! I guess this has been asked before. But when I search the forum, I keep getting the Rsoft key type of answer. What I need is a link to SMS "Text Message" Inbox on the Start Menu. Thanks for pointing out the correct forum posting. Thanks very much.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

You mean a Start Menu shortcut which will directly open Inbox (SMS)? Then try this code:

00#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS"

Copy-paste to Notepad then save as 'Open Inbox.txt' (or any desired name). Change extension to lnk (instead of txt). Transfer to phone Start Menu folder.

Works on C500, C550 and WM5 emulator. :)

Guest csc12345678

Thanks ! Exactly what I needed.

You mean a Start Menu shortcut which will directly open Inbox (SMS)? Then try this code:

Copy-paste to Notepad then save as 'Open Inbox.txt' (or any desired name). Change extension to lnk (instead of txt). Transfer to phone Start Menu folder.

Works on C500, C550 and WM5 emulator. :)

Guest M@rkC

Works on C500, C550 and WM5 emulator. :P

I was about to suggest the same thing....well, almost the same thing - my "version" had 42# at the start of the line. I was under the impression that this was the length of the line following the "#" character, but you've just got "00#" and state that it works fine :)

So, now my question is this..... WTF do the first three characters of the line actually do/mean/indicate ;) :D

Mark.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
So, now my question is this..... WTF do the first three characters of the line actually do/mean/indicate :) ;)

I was too lazy to count the number of characters in the LNK code so I just used 00. :P

I think it indicates the number of characters in the LNK code. For instance, there are 64 characters in this code, thus '64#'. Count from the first " up to the last " including spaces.

64#"\Storage Card\Program Files\XnView Smartphone\XnSmartphone.exe"

Another example:

seclnk4hw.gif

Guest M@rkC
I was too lazy to count the number of characters in the LNK code so I just used 00. :)

I think it indicates the number of characters in the LNK code. For instance, there are 64 characters in this code, thus '64#'. Count from the first " up to the last " including spaces.

Another example:

seclnk4hw.gif

So I WAS right :P - the characters before the "#" represent the total length of the command string, including any quotation marks....

Thanks for the clarification - and for owning up ;)

Mark.

Guest illum

Are there any other handy little shortcuts like this? Maybe a list of such shortcuts? I was after one to start a new text message direct from a shortcut.

Guest csc12345678

So do I need to change the script or just leave it as it is... since it's working ? Thanks.

I was too lazy to count the number of characters in the LNK code so I just used 00. :)

Another example:

seclnk4hw.gif

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
So I WAS right :) - the characters before the "#" represent the total length of the command string, including any quotation marks....

Yep. There are certain shortcuts though that does not follow the 'rule'. For instance Call History, Contacts, Voicemail et al. It's using 42# even with lesser number of characters in the code. I cannot figure out why the phone used 42.

I was after one to start a new text message direct from a shortcut.

Try this code (working on WM2003SE)

00#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" -to "" -body ""

So do I need to change the script or just leave it as it is... since it's working ? Thanks.

You can leave it as is. I've been using 00# without any untoward effects on the phone or even with the launching of program.

Guest csc12345678
You can leave it as is. I've been using 00# without any untoward effects on the phone or even with the launching of program.

Thanks !

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@csc12345678

You are most welcome. I'm happy to help. :)

@ascorpion

Hi there. Have you tried...

or
00#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" -to "" -body ""

@OzzMosiz

I have similar experience with an app-locked phone (fresh from hard reset). Problems gone after having my Smartphone units unlocked using Orange utility and SDA Security Unlocker.

Guest ascorpion

can u explain how did u do that? how do u know the code? I'd like to put other tthings to menu? if its hard, juzt give me one more code: for Wireless Manager (WM6 its located in Quick List) 111dc8.jpg

Edited by ascorpion

Guest OzzMosiz
@OzzMosiz

I have similar experience with an app-locked phone (fresh from hard reset). Problems gone after having my Smartphone units unlocked using Orange utility and SDA Security Unlocker.

Is a phone app-locked if you've been able to ROM update it?

• 3 months later...
Guest slawekwch

is it possible to delete all shortcuts from music keys in spv c550 ? I have tmobile soft and I want use these keys in pocket player or windows media, but I can't because when I push play button I start calender at the same time ;/