"Camera" and "Message" the only assignable buttons in WM6 Pro?

Guest michehrlich

Guest michehrlich

I would like to make some custom button assignments in my WM6 Pro device. However, only the "Camera" button and the "Messaging" button seem to be available, regardless of what app I try to do it in (WM settings "Buttons" applet, SK Tools, etc...). Is this normal? Why can't I choose the action/command that the "OK" button performs, for example? Is this like this on all WM6 Pro devices or is it just my UBiQUiO 503G?

Guest genaldar

On the wing you can change it. To test I set it to calculator and it worked without a hitch (after a soft reset). You can also set the Windows button (not gonna test this one).

Guest Driekus

You can use AEButton Plus, which works like a charm on my WM6 pro Touch. Not free though :) but not expensive (8$). You can assign different and multiple (single/double/tripple/long press), d functions to all (yes all) you hardware keys. Very nice app (and IMO essential on a HTC Touch...)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mtn_lion

Driekus--I know better than to cheer before actually trying it, but after reading your post I'm gonna try AEB+. I've either looked at or tried so many other button mappers/task managers; they all seem to do too much that I don't want (e.g., Today screen enhancements) and not enough that I do (extensive button mapping, good task manager). AEB+ sounds good. More after giving it a drive....