Charging in car

Guest jim.mason

Guest jim.mason

For some reason my Vario II won't charge up via the cig lighter in my car, plug in my wizard and that charges no problem. It charges fine through a usb cable on the pc but can't get anything from the car - very annoying especially on long journey's!!

Any ideas??

Cheers

Jim

Guest mwright
For some reason my Vario II won't charge up via the cig lighter in my car, plug in my wizard and that charges no problem. It charges fine through a usb cable on the pc but can't get anything from the car - very annoying especially on long journey's!!

Any ideas??

It is a know problem I am afraid.

It appears that Hermes will only charge if it either sees a USB port that it can negotiate current levels with or (in the case of the mains charger) a couple of pins are shorted together. 4 and 5 I think from memory.

Guest jim.mason
It is a know problem I am afraid.

It appears that Hermes will only charge if it either sees a USB port that it can negotiate current levels with or (in the case of the mains charger) a couple of pins are shorted together. 4 and 5 I think from memory.

Thanks for that, was doing abit of reading of past posts (I know I should have done this before posting :) )

Looks like I better get a proper charger then!

Cheers

Jim

Guest varioboy

i charge mine via my car. i just use a usb adapter and a normal usb lead. it only charges when its in standby mode. i have lost my charger and i charge my phone either by that or a usb cable plugged in my sky hd box. works a treat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest billingeuk

I used to be able to charge my M3100 using an Orange car charger without any problems, but it suddenly stopped working, since then I've tried using a USB cable connected into a car charger USB thingy, but it really does not like it at all.

Strange, as my e650 charges fine in the car.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Billinge