AT&T 89xx 'Tilt' screenshot-fest!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Kchrpm

I'll definitely need to find something that makes the Today screen better...I don't look forward to paying for that priviledge, though :| I'm keeping an eye on what they're making at this site: http://www.whoneedsaniphone.com/

How do you lock the screen/buttons? Just press the line that currently shows the phone being unlocked? How do you unlock?

Edited by Kchrpm

Guest johnyysmith
tigerwoods 2007 on WM6 gives me a stiffy =)

any word on the ATT hardware yet as to whether or not we will get the front camera?

Don't they call that 'wood' in the golfing world?

Guest xorangefirex

Paul. Would you be able to make a post of the the differences between the AT&T branded p4550 and the HTC branded p4550? I would really appreciate it. I'm sure that many are curious. (This probably won't be possible until they were both released of course)

Guest safetymonkey

The discussion about GPS applications made me think of this.

If I get an HTC branded device, will it be possible to use PTT. Or is that only enabled through the PTT application that I saw in the screenshots?

Guest mikeeey

WOW! im sure glad all of the "what-ifs" going around werent true. the gps is the same as the HTC device. I'll probably flash the HTC rom on as soon as I get it.

Paul where can us AT&T users get the HTC rom from? the one with TouchFlo?

btw what does the camera software look like? same as the HTC one?

Edited by mikeeey

Guest burrzoo
GREAT PICS!!

I noticed Cellular Video and a Backup option. This thing is REALLY making me want one.

Does the CV option utilitize a front side camera with 2-way video or is it that "half-breed" video calling (which doesn't work well at all) thing?

Thaks for the great work!

Currently I have the "Cellular Video" link/option on my Cingular 8525 and it is not for video calling. Clicking on the option brings you to the following web page: Http://cingularvideo.cingular.com/ which is a customizable site for watching various videos for info from CNN, ESPN, Comedy Central etc... It streams the data using RealPlayer. The video picture when I took a look at the Comedy Central video was tiny, even when zoomed. Very tiny, I couldn't make it full screen or zoom it beyond one zoom level. Not good!

Guest Paul (MVP)

The AT&T ROM actually has TouchFlo - that is when you put your finger on the screen you can scroll up and down in PIE, messaging etc.

The Camera app is the same as the HTC one - no high res video recording :)

P

Guest mikeeey
The AT&T ROM actually has TouchFlo - that is when you put your finger on the screen you can scroll up and down in PIE, messaging etc.

The Camera app is the same as the HTC one - no high res video recording :)

P

o really? but do u still think it would be better to flash to the htc rom? i mean it does have that cool homescreen and it seems more.. idk what you would call it.. touch friendly? rather than needing the stylus.

also im just guessing, but by the amount of programs and games i see on this rom, im assuming theres more ROM and RAM avaible on the HTC rom?

do you know where we can get it? and is it something that is allowed to be linked or discussed on this forum?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I PERSONALLY would just stick with the AT&T ROM and tweak if to how you want (e.g. not install ExtROM, debrand etc.) rather than just flashing the HTC ROM.

But that's just me :)

P

Guest xorangefirex
I PERSONALLY would just stick with the AT&T ROM and tweak if to how you want (e.g. not install ExtROM, debrand etc.) rather than just flashing the HTC ROM.

P

So you don't think that there would be enough benefits to warrant the flash to the HTC Rom? Do you think that the AT&T Rom will be better in some ways?

Guest mikeeey

P

really? could u give some reasons why u think the AT&T rom would be better to stick with? also doesnt all of their software and games use up a lot of internal memory? along with RAM?

could us AT&T users still get the cool homescreen and theme that you have on your device?

http://www.modaco.com/Paul-Reviews-HTC-P45...html&st=814

if so then where can we get it?

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Kchrpm
Paul will the Tilt have the capability to handle SKYPE? Downloading the software from the SKYPE set then video call through their system?

I love people that don't know how to use the quote function well, heh.

As has been pointed out before, there is a Skype for Windows Mobile phones and it will work on the Kaiser/Tilt/whatever, but Skype for Windows Mobile does not support video calls.

Guest NuShrike
I love people that don't know how to use the quote function well, heh.

As has been pointed out before, there is a Skype for Windows Mobile phones and it will work on the Kaiser/Tilt/whatever, but Skype for Windows Mobile does not support video calls.

Ya, editing-challenged reply spammers.

Well, the latest Skype 2.2 took away support for voice chat (unlike the 2.2 beta) for the TyTn, and a bunch of other xdas. So it's a question of whether they disabled everything but smartphones, or their tiny list of supported hardware ... Too bad about video calls.

Has anybody confirmed usability on the Kaiser? It would confirm one of my primary reasons to get a WinMob phone. Thanks.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest ScrewlooseAZ
could us AT&T users still get the cool homescreen and theme that you have on your device?

http://www.modaco.com/Paul-Reviews-HTC-P45...html&st=814

if so then where can we get it?

I'm wondering the same thing. It looks like I'm going to be joining the AT&T crowd and I really want the cool Home screen with the Big clock and easy touch phone tabs. . .

Guest mikeeey
Isnt the final HTC ROM will have TouchFlo in it that alone would make me upgrade to the HTC ROM!!!!

as paul already said. the AT&T rom has touchFlo, there just isnt a cool homescreen :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.