i mate sp5m opening files with .txt extension

Guest r_asamaan

Guest r_asamaan

hi there,

i need help with my i-mate sp5m, i have some files which have the .txt extension, im trying to open these files but its not working, i asked an i-mate technical support agent, he asked me to open it with the program iexplorer,, every time i open any text file with iexplorer it keeps refreshing the same page and the phone doesn't do any other tasks, if i try to go to homepage it keeps refreshing the file i tried to open. so how could i open text files and stop the refreshing from happening??

thanks and regards,

Guest Knocksock
hi there,

i need help with my i-mate sp5m, i have some files which have the .txt extension, im trying to open these files but its not working, i asked an i-mate technical support agent, he asked me to open it with the program iexplorer,, every time i open any text file with iexplorer it keeps refreshing the same page and the phone doesn't do any other tasks, if i try to go to homepage it keeps refreshing the file i tried to open. so how could i open text files and stop the refreshing from happening??

thanks and regards,

If I understand you correctly - you once in a while want to read .txt-files - you open them, and after a while you want to go to an internet page. Doesn't Internet Explorer open the web-address - but keep showing the .txt file ? If internet address is not valid you'll get an error message and the .txt-file will still be shown. You must stop and start internet explorer from start->more->Task Manager - then you will get favourites next time you start up internet explorer. However, if you write an valid web-address - the phone should open the web-page and the .txt-file should disappear!

Assume I have misunderstood something..can you please correct me + send me an PM so I can help you ?

Guest r_asamaan
If I understand you correctly - you once in a while want to read .txt-files - you open them, and after a while you want to go to an internet page. Doesn't Internet Explorer open the web-address - but keep showing the .txt file ? If internet address is not valid you'll get an error message and the .txt-file will still be shown. You must stop and start internet explorer from start->more->Task Manager - then you will get favourites next time you start up internet explorer. However, if you write an valid web-address - the phone should open the web-page and the .txt-file should disappear!

Assume I have misunderstood something..can you please correct me + send me an PM so I can help you ?

you miss understood me, whenever i open a .txt file, it opens in explorere and it keeps refreshing the page that was opened last on explorer and it doesn't display the .txt file content!!

• 2 weeks later...