"Searching..." for network after Flight Mode

Guest Brcobrem

Guest Brcobrem

Hi,

After getting off the plane, I made and received calls normall for a couple days. I did not look to see what Profile it was in.

Yesterday (a couple days later) a window came up that said something like, "You are in Flight Mode, do you want to resume Normal Mode?" . Fool that I am, I said Yes.

Anyway, the phone does not receive or make calls now. If I go to Networks and tell it to search, the same problem, just keeps searching.

I called Cingular support and we went through the power off, remove battery, remove SIM, reinsert parts and restart the phone. Still no joy. Btw, all other phone functions (including ActiveSync) work perfectly.

It's also interesting that when I go into Profiles, Flight Mode is no longer listed there as a Profile.

Support first suggested that the phone is damaged some how and I need to replace it. I suggested that an upgrade (arg!) to the latest version of the OS might fix it (or a "master reset of the current OS version).

Like you all, I have 3rd party software and reg customizations that I really don't want to redo. Any ideas how to get the network to be recognized?

All comment and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brcobrem

Guest Brcobrem

Hi,

Fyi - I fixed the "searching" problem by running the latest OS upgrade (ie. To_CWS_20130_284222_022501_Ship.exe ) from http://www.america.htc.com . One benefit of this new build seems to be that ActiveSync does not disconnect from the phone after several minutes, the way it used to with the OEM OS build.

Thankfully, ActiveSynch (v4.5.0) recognized thatI had "CompanionLink Pocket PC Link" installed on the PC and offered to reinstall it on the SmartPhone. That means I have all of my ACT! (not Outlook) contacts back.

ActiveSynch did not recognize any of the other 3rd party programs that had been previously install from the PC to the Smartphone. They will have to be reinstalled. To facilitate this, I took a screen shot of the Explorer view (with all directories expanded) of the storage card on the SmartPhone, before running the upgrade. I had installed most of the 3rd party apps to the storage card.

In my original post, I sad, "It's also interesting that when I go into Profiles, Flight Mode is no longer listed there as a Profile.". In retrospect, I found that "Flight Mode" is displayed in the "Quick List" that you see when you press the power off button quickly. Before the upgrading, I did try enabling and disabling that toggle, but the phone never did go out of Flight Mode. That is apparently why it could not pick up a network signal, and thus just said "searching" continuously.

For what that's worth. . .

Regards,

Brcobrem