Tmobile Wing Slider Volume Control Issues

Guest Peter Olivia

Guest Peter Olivia

Has anyone found a way to get the volume slider on the Tmoblie wing to control the in-call volume of the speakerphone and/or bluetooth? I've searched all over and have not heard anyone complain. I have to believe others find this at least mildly annoying. Am I the only one with this problem? Basically when not in-call, the slider pops up 2 options for volume control. One is for the device's speaker and the other is for the phone speaker. However when you are in-call, the slider only brings up the phone volume control. This volume slider does not control the bluetooth or the speakerphone. So if you use either one, you cannot adjust the volume using the slider. Is there anyway to bring up the device's volume option while in-call?

Guest Peter Olivia

OK so I played with it a bit and its seems I was mistaken on one part. It's only the bluetooth that will not respond to the slider volume control. I've tried tweaking various settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\AUDIOGAIN to no avail with the bluetooth headset. Its almost like this registry key is completely ignored. No matter what I changed, nothing seemed to make even the slightest difference. The bluetooth is a BlueAnt X3 Micro. I was previously able to control the bluetooth audio via my old Razr V3 where the phone's volume buttons would control the bluetooth's volume. So I'm assuming it does voice tags for audio gain.

Any ideas on where else to tweak would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Peter Olivia

Well now I feel stupid. To check my sanity, I connected the blueant to another device and it does not actually raise or lower the volume. It just mutes it when the volume gets to zero. I'm assuming that's a function of the phone itself and not the bluetooth. So maybe te X3 micro does not handle AT +VGS commands after all. ARGHHH!!!