Kaiser Notifications

Guest Phil_UK

Guest NoFate

is it also possble to increase the blinking speed of the led?

I want to increase the speed of the led when i have an sms received or a missed call or something

now you have to watch 1 to 2 secs at your device to see for a missing sms

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fredflintstone007

Hi Phil_UK,

This is a really cool tool. Good Job. :D

Any plans for updates or bug fixes in the near future?

(I'm referring mainly to the restrictions you have listed on the tool description page)

An interesting feature for me (as others have also already mentioned) would be higher frequency blinking of the LEDs, in particular for messages and missed calls. It would ease the quick check of the phone status.

By the way: the Kaiser (= T-Mobile MDA Vario III) LEDs flash exactly the same way as on a previous HTC model I owned called T-Mobile MDA Pro (except that the MDA pro did not have a GPS module and therefore no orange LED flashing on the right hand LED). It could be opened and closed like a laptop to reveal the keyboard and the touch screen could be swivelled around to face outwards - it had 640x480 resolution and ca. 9cm screen - the display was much better than the Kaiser, but the whole thing was huge and heavy. It was Windows Mobile 5 based.

Thanks

Fred

Edited by fredflintstone007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Phil_UK

Hi

There is a new version uploaded (version 2.02) that fixes an error with certain cooked ROMs. The error related to date and time parsing, if you don't get this error there is no need to update to this version.

Regards

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest linux-tux

Hi,

I tried the KN on the new HTC Touch Cruise. It is working but not correctly.

..not sure, but I think the colors of the LEDs are changed/different.

Because the Amber light is not working.When I select Amber then te LED will be show Green.

Thx,

Marko

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil_UK
Hi,

I tried the KN on the new HTC Touch Cruise. It is working but not correctly.

..not sure, but I think the colors of the LEDs are changed/different.

Because the Amber light is not working.When I select Amber then te LED will be show Green.

Thx,

Marko

Hi

Unfortunately I have had no help from HTC on getting the Amber light working, so while it is selectable, it defaults to green.

Regards

Phil

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Phil_UK

Hi

I'm currently working on the next version.

I'm adding a new feature that will automatically remind us of anniversaries and birthdays for contacts. Currently Windows Mobile lets you add birthdays and anniversary dates to a contact which also gets replicated nicely to/from Windows Live contacts, however the only way to get a reminder of an upcoming birthday/anniversary is to manually add an appointment for each contact, which is rather tedious and error prone. So I will make the program do this will be automatically. I'm also thinking it would be nice to have the phone automatically send a text message saying Happy Birthday on the day!

Other changes as requested by a few people is to have the option to disable the LED notifications so that the program works on other mobile devices without complaining, or leaves the LEDs at their normal defaults.

Any other features you might like to see please let me know.

Regards

Phil

Guest AvengerBB
Hi

I'm currently working on the next version.

I'm adding a new feature that will automatically remind us of anniversaries and birthdays for contacts. Currently Windows Mobile lets you add birthdays and anniversary dates to a contact which also gets replicated nicely to/from Windows Live contacts, however the only way to get a reminder of an upcoming birthday/anniversary is to manually add an appointment for each contact, which is rather tedious and error prone. So I will make the program do this will be automatically. I'm also thinking it would be nice to have the phone automatically send a text message saying Happy Birthday on the day!

Other changes as requested by a few people is to have the option to disable the LED notifications so that the program works on other mobile devices without complaining, or leaves the LEDs at their normal defaults.

Any other features you might like to see please let me know.

Regards

Phil

I'd really like the option of turning off notifications while I'm on a call.

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

I'd really like the option of turning off notifications while I'm on a call.

A good point. I've changed the code for the next version so that if there is a call in progress the alert doesn't sound.

Regards

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jmaki

is it possible to (I suppose in a future update, haha) to restore the amber light when charging? I actually like that so I can make sure I didn't somehow forget to actually plug the charger in the wall (without having to look at it and make sure)

Guest afgoody
is it possible to (I suppose in a future update, haha) to restore the amber light when charging? I actually like that so I can make sure I didn't somehow forget to actually plug the charger in the wall (without having to look at it and make sure)

I agree, I'd also like to see if it's charging at a glance. Also, could we put Bluetooth on the right LED so that we could assign the Blue light to it (seems a little more intuitive)?

• 2 months later...

Hi Phil,

I have installed this software on my HTC Kaiser (vodafone 1615) but It don't works.

When it start I have this error:

"KaiserNotification.exe

IndexOutOfRangeException

in KaiserNotification.KaiserNotification.GetNextNotificatoinDateForSchedule()

in KaiserNotification.KaiserNotification.SetNotificationForSchedule()

in KaiserNotification.KaiserNotification..ctor()

in KaiserNotification.Program.Main()"

Regards from Italy.

Guest AceOfHearts

Excellent stuff Phil!! Weldone for this. There are some simple things that one would immagine HTC would see learn and improve on after thinking of a tilt screen. Proper flashing LED notification are such an easy improvement, yet they released the Tytn 2 with Notofication LEDs which are pretty bad at notifying.

I take on board what you said about being unable to get constant amber and green for charging indications (though I hope you will be able to fix that in the not too far away future).

This is what I would definitely like to see soon which I hope you will be able to accomplish:

1) Enabling of the Amber light option

2) Freedom to choose between any colour for all notifications.

3) Being able to choose left or right LEDs for any notifications with nice logical sequencing algorithm.

4) The usual charge indication working again.

Another colour (amber) would complete the system. I have the flashing green to show the phone is on, but also green on the right for email...blue for sms/mms and red for missed calls. Amber for email would the colour coding very nicely.

Thanks for all the hard work! Appreciate it very much. I wish HTC will learn something here as I really like their PDAs and want them to get it right on the Tytn 3.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by AceOfHearts

Guest Tom00000

Hi,

I am using 2.02 version . Thanks for it.

I have set blue color for sms and red for phone.

If I have not read sms and not answered call I see this sequens :

red

red + blue

red

red + blue

If I will read the sms I will see only red LED.

If I will remove info about not asnwered call I all time see red LED flashing.

I have many calls received and initiated by me in call history.

Should I clear all in call history for not flashing red LED.

I have changed this LED to green for phone calls and all is the same.

Is any way to see red LED flashing (or green) only if I have unanswered phone call ? What should I do for configure it ?

I am using tytn II with windows 6.0 .

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

I have installed this software on my HTC Kaiser (vodafone 1615) but It don't works.

When it start I have this error:

"KaiserNotification.exe

IndexOutOfRangeException

in KaiserNotification.KaiserNotification.GetNextNotificatoinDateForSchedule()

in KaiserNotification.KaiserNotification.SetNotificationForSchedule()

in KaiserNotification.KaiserNotification..ctor()

in KaiserNotification.Program.Main()"

Via ActiveSync please browse to My Device\Program Files\KaiserNotification and find the file called KaiserNotification.exe.config and copy to your desktop. If you can then PM me that file I will take a look. The file doesn't contain any personal information (you can open it in notepad if you like to check), it is just the setup configuration and I think something may be happening here.

Regards

Phil

Edited by Phil_UK

Guest Tom00000

If the Phone option (default red) is for phone working maybe next version will support additional 3 options:

- GPS

- WIFI

- GPRS/HDSPA

for inform about connection established.

If someone will enable WIFI it can be fine to see if we are near working access point.

The same for scheduled internet download/upload. It can be fine to see on LED this activity.

• 2 months later...
Guest AceOfHearts

Hi Phil,

I dont mean to sound ungrateful because I appreciate your software very much. The major thing that bothers me is that I have to wait for the single flash to pass before I can see an alert. I dont see the point of having that single flash before the alert flash. Just do the alert every three seconds and save me from from looking at the device for six seconds.

I hope you know what I mean and if you are working on the next version, it would be nice if you could tackle this problem. Please let me know if this is something that could be addressed.

Many thanks again for sharing your software with us. I blame HTC for not sorting out the LEDs.

Edited by AceOfHearts

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.