Active Sync problem with all versions

Guest squilla

Hi,

Im really hoping you can help, im in a bit of bother with active sync, I have a XDA Exec running WM5, this always ran fine on the supplied version of active sync, then a while back I updated to a different version, 4.2 I think, I could see my files but it would not back up my contacts and calendar etc. So I uninstalled it on my laptops and recently tried installing version 4.5, same problem.

To try and resolve this I unistalled it again and put back the original version and still have the same problem, the problem must be with my mobile and not with both my laptops.

Im a bit stuck as I want to reformat my mobile but cant back up all my important stuff like contacts and appointments before hand.

Its driving me mad, please does anyone know the answer to this?

Cheers!

Helen.

P.S. Please move me if im in the wrong forum, I can never figure where I should be! :-)

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Im really hoping you can help, im in a bit of bother with active sync, I have a XDA Exec running WM5, this always ran fine on the supplied version of active sync, then a while back I updated to a different version, 4.2 I think, I could see my files but it would not back up my contacts and calendar etc. So I uninstalled it on my laptops and recently tried installing version 4.5, same problem.

To try and resolve this I unistalled it again and put back the original version and still have the same problem, the problem must be with my mobile and not with both my laptops.

Im a bit stuck as I want to reformat my mobile but cant back up all my important stuff like contacts and appointments before hand.

Its driving me mad, please does anyone know the answer to this?

Cheers!

Helen.

P.S. Please move me if im in the wrong forum, I can never figure where I should be! :-)

Squilla,

You're in the right forum, but you need to provide way more information than you have. For instance, are you sure you were originally using ActiveSync 4.2 ? Are you syncing directly to Exchange or just to the PC ? What version of Windows are you running it on ? Do you have a service pack installed ?

You can enable ActiveSync logging on the device by doing the following: Open ActiveSync on the device while it's disconnected. Select Menu / Options / / settings / Next / Advanced... / Event logging. Events will be logged to the following folder: \Windows\ActiveSync\. These logs could help you troubleshoot problems. Also make a note of any error messages you're getting.

If you're trying to sync directly with Exchange, check that you're getting network connectivity from the device. You could use Pocket IE or VXUtil to ping, etc.:

http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html

Finally, if push e-mail is available on the device, check if it's turned on or off.

Good luck.