Kaiser keyboard bug !!

Guest research12

Guest research12

there is a strange problem with Kaiser hardware keyboard. it seems to be missing fast key presses for double-letters, like the 'pp' in 'happy' or 'll' in 'hello'. the second letter sometimes doesn't show up, if you type fast.

its weird because typing eg dfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf quickly, nothing gets lost. only fast typing double letters. any solution here?

Guest Swampie

I've noticed something similar too, although not certain it's double letters. Some of the posts I've made (via the Vario III) have had a few such mistakes in them because what I typed, hasn't always appeared on the screen and I didn't notice. Basically, occasionally a letter doesn't appear even though it was typed.

My original Vario never had such problems.

I've just tried it now, and 'hello' and 'happy' type fine when typing quickly in an email and a Modaco search topic in IE. But I know I've seen similar things when typing a forum post, and at least one time it was a double letter word.

Guest varioIII-lover

i can confirm the same thing happens here too .. as with the 2nd replacement i have had.

anyone had the phone vibrate constantly until you take the battery out?

anyone had the phone hang during the night?

annoying ..

v3-L

Guest research12
i can confirm the same thing happens here too .. as with the 2nd replacement i have had.

anyone had the phone vibrate constantly until you take the battery out?

anyone had the phone hang during the night?

annoying ..

v3-L

did not have problem 2 and 3 yet, only the keyboard issue. using the tytn II now for one week

The first Vario III i had appeared to put in a number of extra letters if you typed fast - many times i looked at text i had typed and letters appeared three and four times when i was sure i only pressed them once or twice. I have had my replacement today for the red line in photo issue, so i will see how the keyboard works.

Yep I've got that keyboard thing as well. Definalty only certain combinations of keys, very odd. Can't remember one right now so I will post back when I remember what it was ;)

My 'http' seems to come out as 'htp' and 'www' is frequently 'ww'. Pretty annoying.

Btw, first post! I'm a newB at this Windows Mobile malarky, just got a Vario III a few days ago. Had some neat phones before though, E61, Treo 650, Treo 600... all with some custom ROM flashing action and quality software installed.

Keep hearing so much about the Windows Mobile scene, lets hope its as good as Symbian and PalmOS ;)

My 'http' seems to come out as 'htp' and 'www' is frequently 'ww'. Pretty annoying.

Oh wait, looks like disabling word suggest and auto correct has solved it.

Sweet.

Yeah presumably when you typed it wrong the first time it remembered that was how you wanted it? Maybe?

My big problem seems to be with "s". But I can't just sit there and press S and reproduce it, I only notice when I've written out a message at the same speed as I did on my Wizard/Mini S and notice that loads of words have "s" missing! A few other letters too but I can't remember which now.