Registry Customization

Guest Jessy

Well, just bored so I thought I'd post some of the modification I've made to my Q;

Fist thing on the list was to "Application Unlock" the phone...

With any Windows Mobile phone a Registry Editor is a must, I use Resco... but there are others that are free... just google PHM registry editor...

To Unlock the Q the following resgistry changes are neccassary:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 = 2

-> Change the value data from 2 to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 16

-> Change the value data from 16 to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 128

-> Change the value data from 128 to 144

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Security\Policies\Policies

-> Add new value "0000101b": Dword = 1[/codebox]

The following changes will improve the performance slightly on your Q:

[codebox]1) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE

-> change limit from 16384 to 32768

2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FATFS

-> change cachesize to 4096

Next I want to change how Internet Explorer is reconized:

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\ 

->Change the default value to "Mozilla/4.0".
->Change the "Version" value to "MSIE 6.0".
[/codebox]

Next I like to enable flash on my Q:

You will need to download the attached files,

[codebox]
1) Copy all.reg to your device and export the registry settings,
2) Copy the files to the correct pathes on your device,
3) Overwrite the "flash.dll" file with the original in "Windows\Macromedia\" directory on your device,
4) Copy "regsvrce.exe" to your device and register the .dll file in your "Windows\Macromedia\flash.dll" directory,
5) Overwrite the file "flash.dll" in "Windows\Macromedia\" directory...

your mobile browser will now support Flash...!

Programs I like for my Q,

TCPMP - allows me to view tons of media files, I have been ripping movies to mpg formate to view on my Q.. I currently have the movie 300 on my SD card at about 300mb... you can even view divx files...

Vieka WordPad - Powerful text editor for your SP...

Resco Explorer - Powerful suite of programs, a nice file explorer and Registry editor... even supports .zip files, compression and encryption... and an ftp plugin...

Facade - Awsome Homescreen plug-in, allows you to launch porograms directly from you HS plus tons of other cool stuff... needed for most homescreens created here in the forum...

PocketNesterPlus - The best Nintendo emulator for your sp... Play all the classics, I think I like this one best...

DoomCE- Doom for you sp, what more can I say...

If anyone else has some cool programs or something else they would like to share please do...

SPFlashHack.rar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Robert O'Hara

This may be a dumb question, but what does "application unlock" mean? I was able to install other applications without these modifications. In other words, once I've made these registry changes, what can I now do that I could not do before?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
Guest SchmilK

Very interesting...im testing out a Q9H for 30 days to determine if i want to keep it instead of my 8525 and trying to get as deep into this thing as i can :D

Thanks for your info

Guest tll1975

Hi:

i'm able to make the changes i want in my registry (i change the vibrate lenghth) but whenever i or the phone switches profiles (ie: bluetooth connects and phone automatically switches profile to "headset") i lose my tweaks and it goes back to original settings. i've done the "unlock" reg changes you posted but still no go.

thanks!

• 2 months later...
Guest mukulmatta
Well, just bored so I thought I'd post some of the modification I've made to my Q;

Fist thing on the list was to "Application Unlock" the phone...

With any Windows Mobile phone a Registry Editor is a must, I use Resco... but there are others that are free... just google PHM registry editor...

To Unlock the Q the following resgistry changes are neccassary:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 = 2

-> Change the value data from 2 to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 16

-> Change the value data from 16 to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 128

-> Change the value data from 128 to 144

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Security\Policies\Policies

-> Add new value "0000101b": Dword = 1[/codebox]

The following changes will improve the performance slightly on your Q:

[codebox]1) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE

-> change limit from 16384 to 32768

2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FATFS

-> change cachesize to 4096

Next I want to change how Internet Explorer is reconized:

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\ 

->Change the default value to "Mozilla/4.0".
->Change the "Version" value to "MSIE 6.0".
[/codebox]

Next I like to enable flash on my Q:

You will need to download the attached files,

[codebox]
1) Copy all.reg to your device and export the registry settings,
2) Copy the files to the correct pathes on your device,
3) Overwrite the "flash.dll" file with the original in "Windows\Macromedia\" directory on your device,
4) Copy "regsvrce.exe" to your device and register the .dll file in your "Windows\Macromedia\flash.dll" directory,
5) Overwrite the file "flash.dll" in "Windows\Macromedia\" directory...

your mobile browser will now support Flash...!

Programs I like for my Q,

TCPMP - allows me to view tons of media files, I have been ripping movies to mpg formate to view on my Q.. I currently have the movie 300 on my SD card at about 300mb... you can even view divx files...

Vieka WordPad - Powerful text editor for your SP...

Resco Explorer - Powerful suite of programs, a nice file explorer and Registry editor... even supports .zip files, compression and encryption... and an ftp plugin...

Facade - Awsome Homescreen plug-in, allows you to launch porograms directly from you HS plus tons of other cool stuff... needed for most homescreens created here in the forum...

PocketNesterPlus - The best Nintendo emulator for your sp... Play all the classics, I think I like this one best...

DoomCE- Doom for you sp, what more can I say...

If anyone else has some cool programs or something else they would like to share please do...

Application unlock , means to unlock your phone .........????

Guest Thyme Cypher

Reviving a useful thread :D

But I also want to make note here, that it is DANGEROUS to use any of the files for Flash on the Moto Q9c. After copying the windows folder, my internet stopped working, and lost start menu shortcuts. had to master reset.

• 2 weeks later...
Reviving a useful thread :D

But I also want to make note here, that it is DANGEROUS to use any of the files for Flash on the Moto Q9c. After copying the windows folder, my internet stopped working, and lost start menu shortcuts. had to master reset.

Hallo!

I used the above instructions in my HTC Touch Diamond (ROM 1.93.401.2). Fortunatelly I have performed a backup before messing with registry. Both IE and Opera are now able to preview most pages with flash content (still some pages like www.entosbysato.gr cannot open), but I face two problems:

First, when I browse to pages with flash content, internet connection freezes after a couple of minutes (I tested both using wifi and 3G connection) and I have to disconnect and reconnect to wifi or gprs in order to fix it. I didn't have this problem before. Also I don't face this problem when I open simple pages, without flash content

Secondly, when I try to play some flash games, I get the intro, but I cannot navigate through game, for example click on "Play now", or "instructions", etc. I have downloaded a tool called SPHelper, but I cannot figure out if this is what I'm really looking for

Thx in advance

• 8 months later...
Guest mxsant

Access denied? I cannot change value data in registry file even first step... (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 = 2 change to 1).

Now, what should I do?