Shadow: Cool phone but some things annoy me.

Guest NoRelPref

Guest NoRelPref

I have had the Shadow for about a week now. So far I like it allot, but there are some things that are bugging me. Here is a list of annoyances I have come across while using this phone:

Lagy performance: Sometimes it just slows down and almost "locks up". I have to go and close apps from the task manager.

Alarm: This really sucks. Cant reset or shut the alarm setting off. I had to reset the whole damn phone to clear the setting.

No notification of a missed "my Favs" call on the home screen. I have to push the my favs button to see if anyone called.

Slow data transfer. I installed an A-DATA Turbo microSD HC 4G card and it's slow to transfer music files.

Can't scroll through music files from media player. This ones tricky for me to explain. I want to scroll through different albums from the media player icon on the home screen. I can only scroll through different songs on the selected album. Also, all my music is stored on the memory card so I have to manually go to the flash card to access music files. It would be better if the default music folder could be set to the flash card. Same goes for pictures.

Cant sync with WIFI??? (am i missing something here?)

Just wondering if others are having the same issues.

oh yeah, how long do you folks think until the door for the usb & flash card falls off? ;)

Edited by NoRelPref

Guest SomeaznPunk

I completely agree with the alarm comment. I have no idea how to stop it from going off. I deeply regret getting at 5:00 am one day. Now it goes off everyday at 5:00 am...

Noob here,

I've had mine now for 2 weeks and it has locked up on me 3 times. I was using my media player and when the video was over, so was it. I have been searching for a flash player I could load so I could play files over the internet but no luck. As for the door on the USB & flash card, I was going to cut them off, especially the USB. It seems to be in the way making it hard to plug in. Most phones don't even have a door anyway.

Edited by TN JED

Guest chaznet
...as for the door on the USB & flash card, I was going to cut them off, especially the USB. It seems to be in the way making it hard to plug in. Most phones don't even have a door anyway.

I've found that if you pull the cover forward, towards the front of the phone, intead of pushing it back, the power adapter or USB cable plugs in correctly and securely; if you pull it out and push it back, it prevents either cord from plugging in all the way.

Guest kwoodall
I have had the Shadow for about a week now. So far I like it allot, but there are some things that are bugging me. Here is a list of annoyances I have come across while using this phone:

Lagy performance: Sometimes it just slows down and almost "locks up". I have to go and close apps from the task manager.

Alarm: This really sucks. Cant reset or shut the alarm setting off. I had to reset the whole damn phone to clear the setting.

No notification of a missed "my Favs" call on the home screen. I have to push the my favs button to see if anyone called.

Slow data transfer. I installed an A-DATA Turbo microSD HC 4G card and it's slow to transfer music files.

Can't scroll through music files from media player. This ones tricky for me to explain. I want to scroll through different albums from the media player icon on the home screen. I can only scroll through different songs on the selected album. Also, all my music is stored on the memory card so I have to manually go to the flash card to access music files. It would be better if the default music folder could be set to the flash card. Same goes for pictures.

Cant sync with WIFI??? (am i missing something here?)

Just wondering if others are having the same issues.

oh yeah, how long do you folks think until the door for the usb & flash card falls off? ;)

I've had some lagging performance issues as well. It's not horrible, and the overall speed of the device (probably from the extra RAM) makes up for it, but I would like to figure out why it seems to 'lock up' as you said.

I use Eddie's Snooze for all alarms. Free and trouble free.

You either have a home screen or a MyFaves screen...I don't understand this.

No different than my 2125 or Dash here.

I set the WMP to Storage Card and now I get that as the default in Neo as well, although you have to 'click' once on the music screen to get it to 'read' the first time you're there.

I hear WiFi syncing was removed in WM6 - would be nice if someone hacked it back.

Dunno. Mine is still stubbornly attached.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Guest gbenrus25

Has anyone figured out how to prevent myfaves and voicecmd from starting up?

I removed voicecmd from the startup folder but when I check my process list, I still see VoiceCmd.exe, myFavesService.exe and My5MsgCenter.exe. I'm pretty sure if we could disable them, the phone would even be faster than it currently is.

Guest NoRelPref

I'll try to elaborate on the second issue regarding the No notification of a missed "my Favs" call on the home screen. When a regular call is missed (from someone not in my favs) a small icon is displayed in the top left corner of a phone with an exclamation mark. When a call is missed from someone in my favs, you get an icon under their picture in the my favs display. But if you have your my favs minimized, you cant see if you missed a call. You have to push the my favs button so it maximizes and then you can see if you missed a call. That's kind of lame. I also discovered today that you can't clear that "missed call icon" until you call that person back. There is no option to dismiss the missed call. WTF??? I also had another problem to report today. I received a multimedia message that caused the phone to completely freak out. I could view the message one time and that was it. After that I could not open any other application like email, calender, WMP. I had to turn the phone off and on again. I'm starting to think that this phone is not quit ready yet. I understand that there are workarounds for some of these glitches, (like the alarm thing for instance) and thats great that people figure out how to do fix it. But why the hell should we spring 350 bucks or extend you contract for 2 years or whatever to get a "sloppy" product. Don't get me wrong, I still like the phone; I just want it to work as it should.

By the way, I got the Motorola S9's today and they work and sound pretty damn good.

Guest NoRelPref
Setting the default item on the Neo homescreen to MyFaves instead of clock might help this no?

P

Hey Paul,

Do you mean changing the settings in the HOME SCREEN LAYOUT? I cant find a setting pertaining specifically to My Faves or clock.

Guest NoRelPref
This util:

http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Juno-Jun...ility-neoOrder/

will let you put 'My Faves' at the top of the Neo ordering, and thereby make it the default.

P

Hey,

the tweak works fine but does not solve this problem. I still have to maximize my faves to see if I missed a call. I like having a "simple" home screen with just a wall paper and the my faves minimized. This is why this phone appealed to me in the first place. I have also discovered another glitch today while tampering with the shadow. When A call comes in from a my faves # the picture is displayed on the screen. If the caller hangs up before I answer it the picture turns into a blanc white box and stays like that until I push the hang up button (normally it just goes to the home screen by itself). It did this 3 times in a row (using my wifes phone ). I turned it off & on again and it stopped doing it. I wonder if others are having the same problems as I am?

Guest NoRelPref
Unfortunately I don't have my faves, so can't really help i'm afraid!

P

No problem. I just wanted to post these issues to see if others are experiencing the same things.