Upgrade Time

Guest Dr Who

It is upgrade time with TMob. Been very pleased with their service and coverage (in London) and got a very good deal (courtesy of Sporkguy, wherever he is now). However I would much prefer to go for a 12 month tariff. Been on W&W50, with about 1200 minutes and regularly go 300+ minutes over that. On 12 month contract I will only get 600 minutes. What are the best tariffs out there at the moment. Don't think I will ever go back to Orange and can't see me with 3 or Voda but thought I would ask anyway!

Guest dearsina

I'm in a similar situation as you, been with T, not too happy with their CS (Orange was far better), but pricing-wise, the £150-200 bills have dropped to £100-150, although having said that, they didn't offer *any* phone upgrades through-out the time I was with them (Orange gave me both free upgrades every 3 months and their "Premier" CS).

I'm in a similar situation as you, been with T, not too happy with their CS (Orange was far better), but pricing-wise, the £150-200 bills have dropped to £100-150, although having said that, they didn't offer *any* phone upgrades through-out the time I was with them (Orange gave me both free upgrades every 3 months and their "Premier" CS).

I have always found TMob CS to be great and I ended up HATING O with a passion. Have no intention of taking on another 18 month contract though - 17 months between upgrades is too long, I only ever went 9 months with O. One thing occurred to me though, just recently I have used my phone as a modem for my laptop and last night I put my SIM in a 3G datacard for my laptop and both worked fine. I thought TMob were blocking use on W&W for this (I have the old £7.50 tariff before they introduced the different tiers). Does this mean if I upgrade I will lose this ability unless I pay for the unlimited W&W?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

On lower spends O's CS is terrible but they are a lot better with high spend people so i believe.

Dr Who, why don't you stick with your current tariff - although for modem use you should have the £12.50/month add on as this is excluded from the £7.50 one. You can then either have a new phone or, if you want to keep your existing one, have £15/month off for as long as you like. It's what I dis and makes an existing great tariff even better!

On lower spends O's CS is terrible but they are a lot better with high spend people so i believe.

Dr Who, why don't you stick with your current tariff - although for modem use you should have the £12.50/month add on as this is excluded from the £7.50 one. You can then either have a new phone or, if you want to keep your existing one, have £15/month off for as long as you like. It's what I dis and makes an existing great tariff even better!

Back when I was with O they had been amazing for several years and then all of a sudden they just would not replace a faulty phone even though I spent £200+ a month with them. The CS would only read from a script but my phone had a hardware fault of some description that meant it kept toppling over. "Have you reset your phone". Yes I f***** have. Couldn't get to speak to anyone with any sense, i.e. the Tech department and kept getting totally useless relayed messages that meant I was without a reliable phone for two months. Then, come upgrade time, they wouldn't deal and it was at the time of the unlimited internet plan debacle, when you could only get it if you got the right CS. Never again.

Cheers Confucious - that is interesting to know. TBH I am perfectly happy with my phone but I am itching to get some new hardware. How does the £15/month discount work then? That would reduce the cost over two handsets considerably and almost make it economical to go SIM free. How long do I need to agree to stay with them to get that discount?

Edited by Dr Who