HTC Phoebus (T-Mobile Shadow) and Niki (Touch Dual) unlocks now available from imei-check

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

T-Mobile Shadow and Touch Dual users be happy, an imei-check SIM unlock is now available for your devices!

- The Shadow unlock is detailed here and involves sending £20 and your IMEI to imei-check, after which they will return a key file you can use to unlock your device via ActiveSync / WMDC.

- The Nike unlock is detailed here and requires you to running imei-check's logger before sending them the resulting file and £20 to receive your unlock code, which is entered on your device at the normal prompt :(

To celebrate the release of the unlocks, the first 10 MoDaCo Plus members who forward me their Shadow IMEI or Niki UED file (generated by the unlock application) will receive their unlock FREE OF CHARGE! After the first 10 have been issued, the normal 10% Plus discount will apply.

Enjoy :D, and thanks Florin and co for offering the free unlocks!

P

Guest Bwana The Iguana

So now I gotta pay 40 Bucks for something I can get for free in 5 weeks?

What's the point? This whole board is set up to feed each other tips, hacks and cracks to make the phone work better or more to your liking. Nobody's charging, everybody's happy.

And all of a sudden a 40 $ unlock is pimped in the forums.

Wouldn't a regular ADVERTISEMENT be more appropriate?

Sorry Paul. You do great things for this community. Your CAB's are the wet dream of many Shadow owner. Baiting your fans to funnel 40 bucks to a for-profit company is just not kosher.

Edited by Bwana The Iguana

Guest Paul (MVP)

Wha?

I bought a Shadow on eBay. It's locked, in 5 weeks it'll still be locked. It's a service, if people wanna use it they can, else they don't have to?

Confused...

P

Guest Bwana The Iguana

Come on Paul, don't play dumb. Your IQ probably easily hits 160 or more.

Not three weeks ago there was a guy blatantly advertising his own unlock service and he got edited out.

While we all agree that your hard work deserves to be rewarded it's the method that simply rubs me the wrong way. I have been on the net since BEFORE Netscape was invented. We'd use a text based interface and it was a lot of fun. Then AOL hit the net and everything has been dumbing down since. And when I see a site like this, where the old spirit of mutual cooperation, research and spreading the knowledge fly high, I get a warm feeling. It's almost like the old days!!! (ok, so I am old and sentimental)

So when you, founder, well respected smart guy, start funneling traffic to your friends at 40 dollars a pop, I get irritated. All of a sudden all the good is undone by showing the ugly underbelly of the hole thing. It's all about money after all.

Sure it's a great service for people who bought their phone on ebay. A simple "New Commercial unlocking service for the T-Mobile Shadow is now available" will do. Make a graphic and throw it in the header for all I care. Don't wrap it up like it's a good deal. We all know that paying 40 bucks is unnecesary. If you bought your phone on Ebay, maybe you should do a quick search for unlock codes there too. They sell for less than 20 bucks!

What you are doing is devaluing this site. We come here for good info. Not poor salesmanship.

Hope your holidays are great and thanks for all you do to make my Shadow work better for me.

Guest Paul (MVP)

What is the difference between just posting "New Commercial unlocking service for the T-Mobile Shadow is now available" and what I just posted? 1 difference is we're giving away 10, that's cool IMHO. At no point to I say whether 20 quid is or isn't a good deal.

BTW, don't be under the impression that I make anything from imei-check unlocks, I don't.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Incidentally, wasn't the other unlock post you mention just uber-cross-forum spamming? i.e. removed because of the cross posting rather than the content?

If anyone else wants to post an unlock, be my guest, the more the merrier! Competitive environment = better / cheaper for end user = good!

P

Guest mattie01

i'd just like to replay saying, i was happy to pay the £20 for the unlock of a orange phone i got for £29 in a upgrade for my misses who was happy with her phone, so total cost for my touch dual that i love btw, on t-moble, £49.. bargin i tell ya...

ok yeah its kidn of old news for me as i got mine unlocked last tuesday but that aint the point... yes i could have waited... for the phoen to be unlocked for free but i also could have waited for it to be released on t-mobile too... but i didn't wanna wait i wanted to pay £20 for a code to do it now...

hopefully i can get it super CID unlocked as well when/if that happens for free too but hey atm i am very happy with my buy.

at the end of the day its all about choice... to pay now or to get it free later, i decided not to wait a month or more to get it on t-mob and to get it now...

Guest xorangefirex

I'm rather aggravated when some random guy who is extremely new to our little save haven of WM users comes and bashes the man who has spent his life putting it all together for us. If you don't like something you see then leave, please don't clutter the forum by bashing Paul, which is one of the only reasons we have this fantastic compilation of the most up to date WM information available. I, and I'm sure many others will agree, just do not wish to hear it.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hey man, it's cool! There's been a few people of late who like to bash for the sake of starting an argument, so it just gets my back up a bit!

While the truth is I run MoDaCo as a full time job and have to feed my wife and child, I do so with the interests of the Windows Mobile Family at large at heart, and believe that regulars or those who really know me know this is the case.

While I / we're not perfect, I think we're doing a decent job (within the limitations of our stated principles), but look forward to great things in 2008 :(

P

Guest Lucky 13

I have a Shadow and was going to try to unlock it using this but when i put my imei nuber in it says it is wrong. Does anyone know what the problem could be and if so how it could be fixed?

I have a Shadow and was going to try to unlock it using this but when i put my imei nuber in it says it is wrong. Does anyone know what the problem could be and if so how it could be fixed?

I am also having this problem with my T-Mobile Shadow :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest buck bull stallion
T-Mobile Shadow and Touch Dual users be happy, an imei-check SIM unlock is now available for your devices!

- The Shadow unlock is detailed here and involves sending £20 and your IMEI to imei-check, after which they will return a key file you can use to unlock your device via ActiveSync / WMDC.

- The Nike unlock is detailed here and requires you to running imei-check's logger before sending them the resulting file and £20 to receive your unlock code, which is entered on your device at the normal prompt :D

To celebrate the release of the unlocks, the first 10 MoDaCo Plus members who forward me their Shadow IMEI or Niki UED file (generated by the unlock application) will receive their unlock FREE OF CHARGE! After the first 10 have been issued, the normal 10% Plus discount will apply.

Enjoy :( , and thanks Florin and co for offering the free unlocks!

P

Hmmm, I already had my UNLOCK code sent from T-Mobile for free. I just dont have another sim to have the phone ask me for the unlock code. T-Mobile just gave me the unlock code and told me to put in a different carriers sim. any sugestions on how to manually enter this unlock?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.