TheLostSoul's Thread of Tips

Guest thelostsoul

Guest skeletor8

I recently got a Blackjack II and the application unlockers don't seem to work on my phone. I tried the GPS hack that is supposed to app unlock, as well as the SDA_applicationunlock and the SN app unlock cab and they all tell me that they worked, but then I cannot laucn 3rd party exe's.

Is there a step I am missing? I powered off teh device and powered it back on immediately after the installs...is there a new revision out that is resistant to these unlockers? I appreciate any help that anyone could give me.

Thanks!

Guest dshosu
I recently got a Blackjack II and the application unlockers don't seem to work on my phone. I tried the GPS hack that is supposed to app unlock, as well as the SDA_applicationunlock and the SN app unlock cab and they all tell me that they worked, but then I cannot laucn 3rd party exe's.

Is there a step I am missing? I powered off teh device and powered it back on immediately after the installs...is there a new revision out that is resistant to these unlockers? I appreciate any help that anyone could give me.

Thanks!

I got my BJII less than a month ago and I just installed the MoDaCo GPS unlock, and that's working fine for me.

What kind of program are you trying to run? Make sure it's a program that is made for WM6.

Guest katatonia

I have tried miserably to get my bj2 gps working. When I run gpstest.lnk on my bj2, it seems to get a lock in about 5 minutes. I have application unlocked my phone and just installed modaco hack. But once I run Garmin XT, even with GPS test in background, garmin keeps on searching for "scanning attached/scaning bluetooth" crap. What is going on? How do I get to the option screen where I can select COM4 and Intermediary in Garmin XT? Please help me.

Guest Sed8ed
I have tried miserably to get my bj2 gps working. When I run gpstest.lnk on my bj2, it seems to get a lock in about 5 minutes. I have application unlocked my phone and just installed modaco hack. But once I run Garmin XT, even with GPS test in background, garmin keeps on searching for "scanning attached/scaning bluetooth" crap. What is going on? How do I get to the option screen where I can select COM4 and Intermediary in Garmin XT? Please help me.

It's scans for a bluetooth device when it's not unlocked for use with the intermediate driver......simple. If you get a lock within 5 minutes there's nothing wrong with the GPS!! You change the option to intermediate driver under "settings"...."remote GPS". It wont show up if the software isnt unlocked....

Garmin XT doesnt require any hacks........if the software is installed properly and all the maps and software unlocked you dont even need the GPStest.lnk to fire up the GPS...Garmin will do it itself when you turn it on. I'd say your software isnt unlocked and you dont get the intermediate driver as an option..

The application unlockers dont unlock software for you!!! They unlock the phone for use with third party software or software that wasnt signed by Microsoft.....

Read a few more threads....

Edited by Sed8ed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fedaykin02

Hello,

I have tried twice to install the unlock app to my phone. It seems that it is not working. When I hook my blackjack to my comp I do not see a windows dir. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks! :D

Guest Samhayne88

The section about GPS is correct. After doing the hack and it not working. I found this post, i hard reset my phone back to factory. After a couple more times of hard reset ...my GPS started to work with google maps and no hack was needed. Thanks for the help!

Now trying to figure out which bluetooth headset and app are best for playing MP3s. Someone point me to another post if you know which is best!

• 1 month later...
Guest jasonstarnes18
thank you sooo much, i really appreciate this... but something i've noticed, the phone types slower, is that suppose to happen or what? its not that big of a deal so im not worried, but its starting to pick up again like normal speeds

i am having the same problem. i bought the BJii to replace the HTC dash i use for tmobile becuase the dash screen is rediculously easy to break and the phones are VERY similar. well i have uinlocked it, and tweaked everything to make it all work for tmobile aswell as removing the SMS sent BS BUT THIOS PHONE TYPES SOOO DAMN SLOW compared to my old dash.... any help here? i mean i could SCREAM with my dash when texting but now i cant.

PLEASE any help would be appreciated... I am thinking of updating to windows 6.1... my friends BJII seems to type a little faster than mine but still nowhere close to my old dash...

• 3 months later...
Guest thelostsoul

@jasonstarnes18 - Unfortunately, that's how the BJII is. Can't seem to figure it out, but it's always that way. However, I would like to recommend using FlexMail 4. It doesn't fully support MMS on the BJII, but texting is much faster and they are working on adding conversation view (check their forums for a public beta).

@DBlazer - Start => Settings => Display - Uncheck "Show Recent Programs".

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rickg2007

The GPS Test V1.04 will not work with the Windows Mobile 6.1. Can you please help? The message is this "GPSTest is not a valid Windows CE application." Is there a compatible version available?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest RyanFap

seems like this thread's been idling for a while, but I'm hoping someone can help me out, quickly. I removed the .dlls from HKLM>System>Shutdown/Startup>1, and then(of course) read the post about simply removing the value from the dlls, to speed up booting. Could someone post the info on these dlls, so that I can remake them? Thank you

-i616, wm6.1, fido

Edited by RyanFap

• 2 months later...
Guest Peti789

I just got a BJ2 i617 from AT&T (WM 6.1 Standard, OS 5.2.19208 (built 19208.1.0.1) unlocked using it on FIDO. Since it's an AT&T phone software, I went with instructions according to that. I ran SurrealNetworksAppUnlock, MoDaCo.SmartphoneGPSActivator and SDA_ApplicationUnlock successfully. If I go Remove programs MoDaCo and Surreal shows but SDA does not. Even thou the install successful so it says. I have TomTom GPS on the SD card but I can't launch tha application to install it. I read trough this tread (awesome I removed the 300K limit from ringtones with regedit) but couldn't get the exe file to run. If I go trough my stuff/storage card the exe file doesn't even show. With file explorer it will show but willn't launch. PLEASE HELP. What Am I doing wrong? Thanks

Edited by Peti789

• 1 month later...
Guest bkleynbok

I have recently got replacement Blackjack 2 from AT&T.

Older one was upgraded to WM6.1 and Google Maps as well Bing worked fine.

This replacement does not seem to work with Google Maps as well as Bing!

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Shiva-s_Revenge

Okay, just adding this on the off chance that there is someone out there who still wants to mod their blackjack and is having as much trouble as me.

I was able to retask the media.net and cv buttons on my keyboard without anything fancy multi-step programs, (none of which worked for me). It's an ATT BjII purchased in 2009 with WM 6.1, and nothing more than Total Commander/CE free edition, I believe it was current addition 2.51(Don't quote me on that number please) as of the date of this entry. By selecting the Cellular Video.Ink and Media Net.Ink from the Windows directory, Left soft key for the pull down menu, and choose Edit, which takes you to a Notepad sub-program for the Total commander file manager. By simply changing the *.exe entry inside that notepad, and with the MediaNet.Ink removing the homepage up to the ?, the buttons now do what I want them too. But this no doubt has disable (Too excited to really care to check them) the short cuts in the start menu, so if you use media-net, or cellular video I would not recommend this, as those applications will have to be activated through directly accessing the .exe from the Windows directory.

Hope this helps someone.

And thank you to all the previous posters for all their REALLY helpful tips and advice my phone is actually bordering on useful now.

PS> May ATT burn in the firey depths for a very long painful time.. >:D