Tilt ROM upgrade

Guest GordonTGopher

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Not sure if this is old news, but for all you Tilt users; http://experiencemobility.com/?p=3623

Gordon

Are ther any Tilt users that have upgraded their ROM with this link? Was it difficult? Is there a way to prevent the unneeded programs (Bloatware) from being installed like I have seen with the original setup? I know I should not be a skeered to mess with the ROM, just never done it! - Thanks!

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Are ther any Tilt users that have upgraded their ROM with this link? Was it difficult? Is there a way to prevent the unneeded programs (Bloatware) from being installed like I have seen with the original setup? I know I should not be a skeered to mess with the ROM, just never done it! - Thanks!

Anyone... Bueller?

Guest Snooginsguy
Anyone... Bueller?

I upgraded mine, and TBH it wasn't really worth it. I was under the impression (based on the instructions on the HTC America site) that I could do the ROM upgrade and restore a Sprite backup and all would be well. As it turned out, it didn't work as well as anticipated and I had to go thru hours of reinstalling etc. And when it was all said and done, I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever. perhaps the radio is better or somehting, but I didn't have a problem to begin with so I can't confirm that. After my ordeal, my brother did not upgrade his ROM and is prefectly happy with his, for what it's worth.

As far as the bloatware etc., the quick soft-reset before customizations still works just as with the factory ROM.

Edited by Snooginsguy

Guest KevinAlbrecht
I upgraded mine, and TBH it wasn't really worth it. I was under the impression (based on the instructions on the HTC America site) that I could do the ROM upgrade and restore a Sprite backup and all would be well. As it turned out, it didn't work as well as anticipated and I had to go thru hours of reinstalling etc. And when it was all said and done, I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever. perhaps the radio is better or somehting, but I didn't have a problem to begin with so I can't confirm that. After my ordeal, my brother did not upgrade his ROM and is prefectly happy with his, for what it's worth.

As far as the bloatware etc., the quick soft-reset before customizations still works just as with the factory ROM.

Thanks for this reply. That is what I was curious about. I may just wait & update to TLR's ROM. Any Tilt user go therough with that?