i-mate 1.50.86 ROM update location

Guest Lordsmiff

Guest Lordsmiff

Hello :D

I don't want anyone to post it here as it's against forum rules but if anyone at all knows where I can download this ROM and the MSN fix (if it still even works!), I would be forever in their debt.

I have searched for hours and tried the decert apps and websites several times with no luck and I know this ROM is app unlocked out of the box.

Please, if anyone has it, PM me and save my phone :(

Cheers,

Smiffy.

Edited by Lordsmiff

Guest Lordsmiff

OK, I've managed to app unlock the phone using something called unlock-all (just for the benefit of people coming to this phone late in the day who can't be bothered searching, oh, and me for the next time I forget and try to unlock it again :(

I'm going to add it to my digital time capsule for the next time i need it :(

(and for me reading this in 18 months time, that means it's on the old blue ipod mini :D

PM if anyone needs this but be warned now - I take no responsibility for helping you use it beyond the instructions i put with it. Bricking is at your own risk (though it appears to be very minimal with this method :(

Cheers,

Smiffy.

PS - I still want the imate ROM though :(

Guest Disco Stu

You need to be a member of Club iMate to get the updates although they have been known to leave their ftp site open to general access.

I guess you know about XDA developers ?

Guest Lordsmiff

Oh yes - been into PDAs and smartphones for longer than I can remember - I was always an early adopter :( Nowadys, I have to be a little smarter with money so not quit so early :D

I've had this E100 since they came out - it was a replacement for my original canary SPV that got nicked.

The problem isn't knowing all about this stuff - it's finding it so lnog after it went out of production :-)

I changed the ROM on it the first time around within 3 days :-D The problem is, I-only recently too!! - got rid of all my old CDRs including the ones that had all my old SPV stuff on it.

I've got a vario 2 at the moment with whatever ROM I feel like having on it this week but I'm just bored of it and fancy a change so I'm going to flog it and get in iPAQ 514 Voice Messenger - just messing with this for the time being :( In fact, it was this phone that made me become a modaco plus member and I've still got smartanoid on the SD card in it :(

Anyway, got it all unlocked now and just need to find myself a homescreen I like again. I went for all the industrial stuff the first time round - brushed and all that stuff. Now I just want functionality, well, with maybe some style ;-)

Definitely no pipes though :-D