i780 English Language ROM

Guest stephen.gazard

Guest stephen.gazard

Is anyone able to assist in providing an English Language ROM for the the i780?

Mine currently in Italian!

Alternatively just a way to change the operating language.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SBoden

Stephen,

I too have bought a Dutch version of the phone and find myself in the same position.

Samsung Assistance on the phone gave me a problem ticket number and told me they would ring me back on the 19th March.

The guy I talked to seemed to think it was a problem with the regional settings but I have difficulty with that one.

Anyway looks like we will have to wait until someone comes up with a better tail.

Regards,

Stephen Boden

Guest SBoden

Stephen,

Did you try Real VGA to reset the langauge on the phone???

Saw it on the XDA developers forum and thought it might be of help.

Havent tried it but might as a last resort after Samsung call me back if they have no resolution.

Regards,

Stephen Boden

Guest stephen.gazard
Stephen,

Did you try Real VGA to reset the langauge on the phone???

Saw it on the XDA developers forum and thought it might be of help.

Havent tried it but might as a last resort after Samsung call me back if they have no resolution.

Regards,

Stephen Boden

Yes I did and completely bricked my phone .... now won't boot up at all...

Guest stephen.gazard

I now have another now UK i780 ...can someone provide me a step by step guide to dump the ROM and create a flashable version?

Guest SBoden

Stephen,

Have you any update on the UK ROM and how to flash it to the phone.

I have been able to get into the preconfig but have not been able to change the menus to english.

Regards,

Stephen Boden

Guest stephen.gazard
Stephen,

Have you any update on the UK ROM and how to flash it to the phone.

I have been able to get into the preconfig but have not been able to change the menus to english.

Regards,

Stephen Boden

no sorry .... but I just need someone to talk me through how to dump the ROM from my new one and I could do it !

Guest SBoden

Stephen,

Had a discussion with a Samsung support rep yesterday which left me decidedly unhappy with things. It would appear that Samsung have done an exclusinve deal with Orange and there will be no SIM free versions of the I780 in the UK as a result. All english version ROMS will be grey imports and the rep had some nasty things to say about Expansys.

They are still investigating the reason why the phone cannot be converted to English menus but stated that they would not be releasing an english version ROM for flashing to the phone.

He said he would phone me back next week to update me but I dont hold out much hope.

Time I think to return the phone to the Netherlands and wait for Expansys to get in an english ROM version from somewhere!!!!!!

Looks like we might have to abandon any hope of changes.

Regards,

Stephen Boden

Guest marcoma

I just got a dutch i780 as well... while I can make out what the menus are supposed to do... isn't there anyone that can walk the guys with an english ROM through how to do a ROM dump so we can reflash the device into english?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nikkon

hello,

i have the same problem, i just receive my new samsung i780 and it's in deuch.i want it in english but no way to make it from menu settings.

at the moment i'm not able to use the phone to much...i will wait for english ROM

Guest SBoden
hello,

i have the same problem, i just receive my new samsung i780 and it's in deuch.i want it in english but no way to make it from menu settings.

at the moment i'm not able to use the phone to much...i will wait for english ROM

Nikkon,

Check out the XDA developers Forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380723

The answers are all there.Changed my Dutch version to English and quite simple.

Hope that helps

SBoden