Football scores on the today screen...

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

So my Kaiser has a today screen telling me the latest weather... but i was thinking and thought, wouldnt it be cool to have an app that runs on the homescreen telling me the latest football scores, updating every 5 mins or something. it would save me going onto the bbc football website and pressing refresh all the time and while i have my unlimited data, it would seem worthwhile.

does anyone know if such an application exists?

Guest Mr Alom

I'd really appriciate that sort of app! the T-Mobile 24-7 football doesn't work for me, it's too long-winded process and you have to pay 50p per download clip.

Guest scottt

There are a few option I use but none 100% live

I use pocket rss

http://www.happyjackroad.net/index.asp

It has a today plugin which I have bbc and sky sports and a few others showing, it does not show live scores but you will get the scorelines and reports from the games after they have ended. the best thing about pocket rss is you can change what is shown on the today plugin from the today plugin. so if you choose football it will only show your football rss sites, which is great if you have lots of rss sites but only want certain info.

Another great program is team stats

http://www.mbovin.com/teamstats/

It does not have a today plugin and it can be a hour or so after the game has finnished before its updated with the scores but a great program none the less.

web based - I use sky sports live score center for live scores as it auto refreshes, you need flash player 7 installed on the phone, you need to view in landscape and have good eyesight.

Hope this helps and if you ever find a way for live scores to be shown on the today screen please share.

Scott

Edited by scottt

Guest Transform

thanks for that :D

i have alot seen a few things for a desktop pc where it runs in the system tray and pops up when someone scores. although i think it comes at a price :(

You all need to check out www.iscore.co.uk I think thay have what you are all looking for, it's a java scoreboard (it updates every minute or so)...and best of all it's FREE !!!!!

I've been runing it for over a year and it's great when you are out and about...and don't want to keep hitting refresh all the time on the BBC site !!!

• 1 month later...
Guest dave_a
Pocket score center

This does the job very well, have just installed and it can be set to auto update every minute.

Well found Scottt!

It is unfortunate the season has just finished and we will have to wait a few months before we can try it for real!

I notice it uses Fox Sports, any idea how frequently they update latest scores for Premer League games?

Guest scottt
I notice it uses Fox Sports, any idea how frequently they update latest scores for Premer League games?

Not shure just found it yesterday, I know you can set it to auto update every minute but don't know how fast they will have the goals, I did read someone saying the baseball was very quick to update so I hope its the same for the football or should that be soccer :D ?

• 2 weeks later...