Charging

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest richair
So what is it with the P750 and charging? None of my HTC chargers do anything other than just keep the battery topped up :D

P

Do the chargers work on other charge-via-USB gadgets? I used my HTC charger (that came with my Qtek 8310) on a Philips MP3 Player, and it wouldn't charge. So would the problem be related to the P750 or the HTC chargers?

Guest shadowrtype

Hi Paul. There was some discussion over at PPCSG on the first official thread for this phone where a Mr Foo was writing to Asus support and got the following response. This phone might only charge with the original supplied charger?

Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:46:11 PM

To: Mr Foo

Dear Mr.Foo

This is ASUS PM Hundred, in charge of P750 PDA phone,

I have to say sorry for the bad user experience you had for the past days,

Internally, we are checking the bugs you raised in detail, but ASUS RD do need more information to clarify the clear user scenario to make sure the root cause.

Your suggestion will be much helpful for us to improve the product quality,

Besides, regarding the battery charging issue, please help to provide the scenario if you are using the push mail or not (periodically sync or anytime), because it will consume power absolutely.

And did you charge the P750 with complied adaptor (Tamura adaptor) or other vendor adaptor? In order to protect the battery & system, the P750 is limited to be charged by Tamura adaptor otherwise the charging current will be 100mHA only when using other adaptors.

Thirdly, actually we have a bug with battery drain in previous SW version but we solved in the latest SW version, it`s slightly different from your question. However, I think it may be similar bug, please install the hotfix64386 and then check if the charging bug happen again or not. (You can extract the files into MicroSD card root dictionary, then plug in the MicroSD directly, it will automatically install)

Finally, regarding the system hang, please remove the SPB then try several days, we doubt it may be caused by SPB FW,

For the rest issues, I`ll make a call to you next week since vacation in Japan now, but please inform me via mail if any update. I`ll give my best report to you!!

Sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Hundred Yu

Product Manager

Digital Mobile B.U.

ASUSTek Computer Inc

Guest trickyhenry
So what is it with the P750 and charging? None of my HTC chargers do anything other than just keep the battery topped up :D

P

Thats the same if you use a motorola charger with HTC device.. not that this helps.