Getting the music from your TyTN II to your car radio...

Guest Paulplex

Guest Paulplex

Hi all,

I took receipt this morning of this item (Ebay listing item - 300101756105), purchased from an ebay seller in Hong Kong:

fm_0605003_ble_5.jpg

I'm connecting it to the mini-USB port on my TyTN II using a mini-USB to 3.5mm headphone adapter jack (which works without any interference if I use this with headphones); it works - and for £5.98, I can't really complain - but there is an annoying background whine when I use this with my car radio. :D

I've tried moving the device and phone away from the radio or indeed anything that might cause interference - but even sat in the boot, I get an annoying background noise.

I wasn't expecting much for less than a tenner - but since this doesn't quite have the quality I was looking for, can anybody recommend a good alternative that allows the phones audio to be sent via FM to my car radio but doesn't have any hums, whines or crackles to get in the way of my music?

Guest lozzd

The whine may actually be caused by your car. The alternator charging the battery can produce a whine if things aren't earthed/grounded properly.

Guest unknown-singh
Hi all,

I took receipt this morning of this item (Ebay listing item - 300101756105), purchased from an ebay seller in Hong Kong:

fm_0605003_ble_5.jpg

I'm connecting it to the mini-USB port on my TyTN II using a mini-USB to 3.5mm headphone adapter jack (which works without any interference if I use this with headphones); it works - and for £5.98, I can't really complain - but there is an annoying background whine when I use this with my car radio. :D

I've tried moving the device and phone away from the radio or indeed anything that might cause interference - but even sat in the boot, I get an annoying background noise.

I wasn't expecting much for less than a tenner - but since this doesn't quite have the quality I was looking for, can anybody recommend a good alternative that allows the phones audio to be sent via FM to my car radio but doesn't have any hums, whines or crackles to get in the way of my music?

Hi, yes like the person below said it could be a earth/ground problem but if it is you should be getting a whining sound even without using this device and just listening to music normally. anyway if you click on my username and view my post's you will see one for a bluetooth device (Jabra bt320) i suggest you take a look as it could be just what your looking for, my friend uses it in his van and he does not get any whining noises, i also use it to stream music to my home cinema amplifier and i dont get any whinning.

cheers.

HTH

Guest Paulplex
Hi, yes like the person below said it could be a earth/ground problem but if it is you should be getting a whining sound even without using this device and just listening to music normally. anyway if you click on my username and view my post's you will see one for a bluetooth device (Jabra bt320) i suggest you take a look as it could be just what your looking for, my friend uses it in his van and he does not get any whining noises, i also use it to stream music to my home cinema amplifier and i dont get any whinning.

cheers.

HTH

Hi there,

Although there is a fault with the cigarette lighter in the car (I keep at least three spare fuses in my glovebox for long journeys since you can guarentee the fuse will go at least once - need to replace the wiring to it really :D), there is no interference caused by an earthing or grounding problem: I thought that at first myself but the hum and whine from this device is still present when I use it within the house on a standard FM radio.

...just a cheap 'made in China' item, I guess :(

Jabra-Bt320s-2.jpg

Still, the Jabra item you've suggested might be good for me when I'm at the gym: with a 4GB microSD card, I can get a lot of music on my phone but the tyTN II is not exactly a lightweight MP3 player to use with the standard cabled headphones -but not so much for the car since it doesn't transmit the audio from the TyTN II over FM to be picked up by a radio.

Am I looking for an item that just doesn't exist in a product that works well?

Guest chilsta

I have my Kaiser talking to a Sony A2DP bluetooth dongle with a 3.5mm socket, plugged into a cassette adapter in my ageing Alpine. The quality's not too bad, but I know it could/should be better.

I'm thinking of getting a A2DP enabled head unit: anyone have any experience (especially with the Kaiser and Pocket Music) or recommendations?

C*

Guest andrewkeith5

i'm currently using a jabra bt320s plugged straight into the line in jack of my stereo, works very well :D

i don't see any reason why an a2dp stereo unit shouldn't work well - only that you would probably have to have a microphone installed into your car at the same time, as with WM you can only use the bluetooth microphone when a headset is connected

Guest chilsta

Wish I'd seen the bt320s before I got the Sony Ericsson- mine only has the stereo output- no control buttons or mic for handsfree. Think I might sell mine on eBay and get the bt320s instead. Does its controls control any of the Kaiser's functions? It would be especially cool if it worked with Pocket Music.

The T505 looks like a great solution- especially good for company/ hire cars that you can't get in to change out components or mess with wiring- the reservation I have with those is that you're losing audio quality by dropping down to FMIt's time that I upgraded my car's ~15 year old head unit, so it makes sense to go down the route of getting an all in one solution.

There's a review of an a2dp headunit (Pioneer 7900BT) here, which also has the AVRCP allowing you to control your BT directly media player from the headunit.

Also, according to the XDA Developer AVRCP wiki page, Pocket Music doesn't have support, which is a shame as I much prefer Pocket Music's landscape interface on the Kaiser for in car use compared with Conduits' Pocket Player which does have support.

There's some talk in that thread of the more advanced AVRCP v1.3 which also transmits song info to the head unit, but I can't find whether the Kaiser has support for this, or whether there are v1.3 head units yet.

Hoping to hear back from anyone with a Kaiser, just for confirmation that it's practical and all works well.

Edited by chilsta

Guest gazzaw

I am using a Mavizen Bludock that is an A2DP device and a handsfree kit as well. I have connected to my car stereo via the 3.5mm stereo jack.

I now use my E650 as a bluetooth MP3 player in the car, when a call comes in, it automatically mutes and I can answer the call, using the build in mic. Sound quality is excellent.

I did initially have one problem, due to ground loops (can happen between any 2 powered devices), I needed to use an ground loop audio isolator (Maplins P/N vw43w, £9.99), otherwise the bluetooth connection would break up.

Hope this is useful.

Guest Restorer
Wish I'd seen the bt320s before I got the Sony Ericsson- mine only has the stereo output- no control buttons or mic for handsfree. Think I might sell mine on eBay and get the bt320s instead. Does its controls control any of the Kaiser's functions?

It has play/pause, volume and next/previous track controls. I have only tried WMP, HTC Audio Manager and Coreplayer. Works fine with all of those. The only thing is you have to have the wifi switched off or you get sound dropouts and I cannot get the SRS Wow sound driver to work. These are probably limitations of BT rather than the set though.