Google push email on WM6 - how to configure

Guest Marcuzzo

Guest Marcuzzo

I read that the IMAP feature in Gmail supports the new "IMAP Idle", that is for realtime push email, similar to the DirectPush offered by Exchange.

I tried to configure my Google account on my WM6 phone but I can only set a time interval (ex 5 minutes) for send/receive. I don't see a "realtime" option. Where is it?

Guest ssschmidt
I read that the IMAP feature in Gmail supports the new "IMAP Idle", that is for realtime push email, similar to the DirectPush offered by Exchange.

I tried to configure my Google account on my WM6 phone but I can only set a time interval (ex 5 minutes) for send/receive. I don't see a "realtime" option. Where is it?

I believe the wording is "as they arrive". Unsure if Pocket outlook supports this without additional software. But exchange accounts can be found for free. Such as Seven, or Mail2web.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Correct ... Pocket Outlook does not support the "IMAP Push" protocol. Flexmail does.

Exchange instant sync does work though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scottola
I use this for GMail push and it's great...

http://pushreg.consilient.com/

P

Cheers paul, just signed up myself and it's very fast.

I'm cancelling the Vodafone business 'push' email, as it takes about 13 - 20mins for the email to come through, even though they arrivedo n the PC

Guest Marcuzzo
Cheers paul, just signed up myself and it's very fast.

I'm cancelling the Vodafone business 'push' email, as it takes about 13 - 20mins for the email to come through, even though they arrivedo n the PC

I use Mail2web that is MS DirectPush and free of charge. The emails arrive real-time, after seconds...

Guest Scottola
I use Mail2web that is MS DirectPush and free of charge. The emails arrive real-time, after seconds...

Marcuzzo, which service did you set up for the direct push on mail2web?

Guest BawBagg

That will be mail2web live - which is free, but with the restriction that any outgoing mail from your handset goes from a @mail2web.com email address.

I upgraded this by paying $4.95 a month for Personal Exchange which means I can configure outgoing mail from my handset to be from my own email address. It works like a dream.

Guest Marcuzzo
That will be mail2web live - which is free, but with the restriction that any outgoing mail from your handset goes from a @mail2web.com email address.

I upgraded this by paying $4.95 a month for Personal Exchange which means I can configure outgoing mail from my handset to be from my own email address. It works like a dream.

I confirm all this, adding that perhaps the free Mail2web Live adds advertising in outgoing messages but I don't matter since I use it only one-way for receiving alerts from my PC.

• 2 weeks later...