Whats on your screen?

Guest zalooa

Guest zalooa

So I was wondering...What is on your wm6 standard homescreen? I know there is a topic for wm6 professional and they are fancy... Is it your BJ2 or Q full of trinkets or is it simple... Post your pics

There is a great screen capture program available at

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/fp/screen_capture.php

Check it out and post em

I customized mine with the attached pic using xml coding and a lot of trial and error.

Missed Calls show up at the top of the screen and so does in call progress screens

No fancy facade or fizz but they can be added lol

HomescreenSS.jpg

Homescreen_SS.bmp

Edited by zalooa

Guest JeepinCalifornia

Nice job. :D

I've been experimenting a bit with three different screens. Just as you are, I make/find the background(s)...and play with the code with lots of trial and error. I tried Madbeetle's Homescreen maker for the Jeep Screen, which worked well but the plugins are too limited with that program (as far as I can tell). This lead me to (re)build a Star Trek "LCARS" Image and build the plugins around that and, create a simple Blackout Screen; both use Smart Monitor and Black Soft Keys. There must be a better--more diverse--program than Madbeetle, but just as easy to use...?

My Jeep on the dunes near Pismo Beach, CA. (taken with an old 1.0MP camera!); Star Trek's LCARS user interface w/Smart Monitor & Black Keys; Blackout w/ Smart Monitor & Black Keys

screenshotMyJeep.bmp.jpgscreenshotLCARSRevisited.bmp.jpgscreenshotBlackoutwithSmartMonitor.bmp.jpg

The pics don't quite do the actual screen images justice, but close enough to show the work in progress...

(Free!)

Smart Monitor, thanks to Alfonso at Ruttensoft: http://ruttensoft.com/Products/SmartMonito...05/Default.aspx

Black Keys, thanks to Ekopapers: http://www.ekopapers.com/color.htm

I came across the above LCARS, here (but after loading, it didn't quite look right on my screen, so I rebuilt it): http://www.modaco.com/index.php?automodule...p;showfile=1292

Edited by JeepinCalifornia

Guest zalooa

I hear that WM 6.1 will allow transparency and that is gonna make all these things just look great and that battery monitor is way better than my bj2 monitor cuz one minute its 3 bars then 2 a good solid number helps...i agree that those homescreen makers seem limited but are still good...but once you know the code the sky is the limit

Guest zalooa
I'm running the Prosper-X Theme slightly modified

homescreen.jpg

Now that my friend is Fancy :PI like those shadowed notification icons at the top..

Guest dtphantom
sshot000xt1.pngsshot002ey1.pngsshot005xv4.png This is what I have got it from ekopapers.com. Now does anyone know how to skin this?????

can you throw a link up to that one, I really like it.

Guest JeepinCalifornia

I saw that one, too; it's great... Interesting the way it's put together..

It's called Vista Cardwheell and you can find it in the WM Smartphone customization area.

Guest FAF_DRAKO
I found a different one I like better

sshot000.jpgsshot001.jpg

sshot002.jpgsshot003.jpg

sshot005.jpg

it need facade as well.

Link please to both the Home Page and Facade... :D

Guest FAF_DRAKO
I don't know what kind of skinning you want to do but I threw this together real quick so it doesn't look all that good.

sshot006.jpgsshot007.jpg

sshot008.jpgsshot009.jpg

sshot010.jpg

I'm really Diggin this one a lot. That little extra touch on the Icons when you move the wheel really finishes it off.

You should try to expand on this or try teaking other ones as well... Great Job... :D

Guest dtphantom
I'm really Diggin this one a lot. That little extra touch on the Icons when you move the wheel really finishes it off.

You should try to expand on this or try teaking other ones as well... Great Job... :D

what else do you want on it? or what others do you want me to try and modify

Guest brianwahl

I've used the "Cardwheel" theme before, too - I really like it.

Currently I'm using the "myPhone" theme with a custom background. Looks like this:

starrynight.jpg

the push down on the d-pad/wheel to get this screen:

apps.jpg

this screen can be set to show just one row of apps and either your upcoming calender events or tasks, and it's easily switched between the three views (just click left/right on the pad).

When you click on the "weather" app, it opens the program "pocketweather", which I have skinned to look like this:

weather.jpg

Wow - it's going to be in the 90's next week!!

Here is the missed calls screen:

starrynightmissedcalls.jpg

I really like it. Again, it's using the "myPhone" theme, which you can get here. The theme uses the following apps: Facade, Phone Alarm, and Pocket Weather.

Complete install instructions, modification instructions, links to how to skin the weather program, and custom backgrounds (including the one I'm using) are in the myPhone thread.

Edited by brianwahl

Guest fullsmoke
This is mine.

bj4.jpg

SeanH

I'm guessing that's Facade? How did you manage to get both your tasks and schedule to show at the same time? I didn't think Facade would allow them to be side by side?

FS

Guest SeanH
I'm guessing that's Facade? How did you manage to get both your tasks and schedule to show at the same time? I didn't think Facade would allow them to be side by side?

FS

Yes it is facade. I tweaked the xml code until I got it the way I wanted it.

SeanH

Guest fullsmoke
Yes it is facade. I tweaked the xml code until I got it the way I wanted it.

SeanH

Mind sharing the portion of the xml code to make 2 columns (to display both calendar and tasks side by side)? I'm assuming that's not using the Facade View plugin, rather the standard Facade schedule/task plugins?

FS