mda compact III gps probs

Guest sly fox

Guest sly fox

I have just brought a compact III with tom tom navigator installed. can't get it working, when it loads is says "No GPS device"

when i go to "select your GPS reciever" selected is "other NMEA GPS reciever" "GPS baud rate 4800" GPS is connected to: COM9,GPS Port,COM0,COM2,Serial Port. NOT COM4 as stated in other posts. in gps status "No GPS device !" is on.

please help before it goes flying at the wall after computer.......

Guest dunc
I have just brought a compact III with tom tom navigator installed. can't get it working, when it loads is says "No GPS device"

when i go to "select your GPS reciever" selected is "other NMEA GPS reciever" "GPS baud rate 4800" GPS is connected to: COM9,GPS Port,COM0,COM2,Serial Port. NOT COM4 as stated in other posts. in gps status "No GPS device !" is on.

please help before it goes flying at the wall after computer.......

have you tried it outside? that is the message that TomTom shoves out when it can get no signal as well as when it can't find a GPS device.

If you have then here's what I would recommend. Go to Settings>System>GPS and see what port is being used in there and make sure that marries up to what TomTom thinks. Install google maps www.google.com/gmm (I think) and see if that can get a fix. If GM gets a fix then you know the problem is TomTom settings. These are set by the GPS settings snap-in in Settings>System, as above.

That should help, I hope.

Guest Confucious

But obviously you will be deleting toTom as you cannot legally buy TomTom with a device - the licence cannot be sold :D

Guest sly fox

have you tried it outside? that is the message that TomTom shoves out when it can get no signal as well as when it can't find a GPS device.

If you have then here's what I would recommend. Go to Settings>System>GPS and see what port is being used in there and make sure that marries up to what TomTom thinks. Install google maps www.google.com/gmm (I think) and see if that can get a fix. If GM gets a fix then you know the problem is TomTom settings. These are set by the GPS settings snap-in in Settings>System, as above.

That should help, I hope.

[/quote

tried outside and with google maps still says no gps reciever was found

• 7 months later...
Guest Ghilli7

Hi open tomtom.

Navigate to any address of your choice.

You should reach a green screen where the route is calculated.

Click on the panel on the right hand side.

The hold the devide in order to where the gps signal is the most.

Alternatively

Connect your device to the computer and then start up tomtom it should work.